Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 03-19-2015 | 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepersDigest
Jeff.. Did you work on this concept?.. The safari style roof doesn't look as pronounced as your concepts..

No, I didn't. That's one of the concepts Jeep plans to show at this year's Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. I like how they've lengthened the tub about 6" behind the axle.

I'll be attending EJS and I'm looking forward to seeing the concepts this year. They've also got another FSJ-style concept they're showing, and I've got an FSJ concept in the works too .
Old 03-19-2015 | 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Jeff.. Did you work on this concept?.. The safari style roof doesn't look as pronounced as your concepts..

Let's see now... raised roof - check. Side-mount jerry cans - check (on my LJ Safari, not yet on my JK Safari). Opening rear windows in the hardtop - Nope. Alpine windows in the roof - Nope. Anyone seen a photo of the rear? I wonder if it's got a barn door?

Old 03-19-2015 | 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeff You're Making Us Want A 4 Door Safari Conversion..
Old 03-19-2015 | 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Jeff You're Making Us Want A 4 Door Safari Conversion..
I guess if I wanted to get my Safari Cab into production now would be a great time to do it to take advantage of all the publicity the concept Jeep will be generating .
Old 03-19-2015 | 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Apparently the Africa concept does have a barn door, just like the Safari Cabs .

Old 03-19-2015 | 01:18 PM
JK Freak

We have a mopar mole on the forum...
Old 03-20-2015 | 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeff's concept is better.
Uses an existing Jeep, retains the removable hardtop, has sliding windows or storage space in place of the windows, and looks 100% better.
Plus, he came up with beefier hinges, while Jeep is just slapping a set of regular door hinges on the sheetmetal.
Old 03-20-2015 | 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Grimscale
Jeff's concept is better.
Uses an existing Jeep, retains the removable hardtop, has sliding windows or storage space in place of the windows, and looks 100% better.
Plus, he came up with beefier hinges, while Jeep is just slapping a set of regular door hinges on the sheetmetal.
Thanks, I agree! And mine probably has a better chance of getting to market
Old 03-20-2015 | 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Long term.. Jeff I see jeep approach you and attempt to license your design for any forthcoming jeeps. plausible?.
Old 03-20-2015 | 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Long term.. Jeff I see jeep approach you and attempt to license your design for any forthcoming jeeps. plausible?.
I doubt it, there are lots of really smart people at Jeep, I don't think they need my help. But if they ever contact me I'll be happy to discuss it with them.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop