Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 10-12-2021 | 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Hi Jscherb,
Did your modular safari hardtops ever make it into production, because I can’t find them on the internet.
I would love to get one!!!
If not, let’s go into business and produce these. I believe the market is there,
Thank You, Sisyphus
My JKU/JK Safari Cab has not gone into production.

Two companies contacted me expressing interest in manufacturing/marketing them.

The first company wanted to change the design to cost reduce it by eliminating features. I didn't think that was a good idea so I didn't pursue that opportunity any further.

The second company sells custom Jeeps and wanted to produce it only for their custom Jeeps, they didn't want to sell the hardtop separately - they wanted the top to help sell their custom Jeeps. I didn't want to see the top not be generally available so I didn't pursue that opportunity either.

I'm not in business to sell anything and I have no interest in being in business, but if a person/company is interested in manufacturing/marketing anything I''ve designed I'll be happy to explore the idea with them.
Old 10-14-2021 | 12:18 PM
JK Newbie
Veteran: Navy

jscherb, where can I see pics of the top and all of the different mods you have done to it?

Thanks!!
Old 10-14-2021 | 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

There's no single easy place to see all the photos, but here are a few to show some of the features. If you have questions about any part of it I'll be happy to answer.

The basic top, showing the Alpine windows, integrated roof rack, side vent windows (powered) and the extra rear windows:

The rear barn door:

BTW the barn door is compatible with the factory hardtop as well.

The sides are removable:

And can be swapped for roll up soft sides:

And the top can be run with no sides or doors:

Not part of the hardtop, but I've also done Willys MB-style flat fenders and a JL-style grille for it:

There are more features but the photos above show most of the significant ones.

Last edited by jscherb; 10-14-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop