Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 04-03-2018 | 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
When will the hinge foot steps be out ? Will they adapt to the stock hinge or just the hd hinge,who will carry them ?
The company hasn't given me anything more specific about a date for the steps except "soon after the hinges are released." Hinge release is supposed to be any day now. The steps are designed specifically to work with the HD hinges, not the stock hinges.

I heard that Retrofit Offroad has already placed an initial order for the hinges, so I expect they'll show up on the Retrofit site first.
The following users liked this post:
jeepmojo (04-03-2018)
Old 04-06-2018 | 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Default Cant decide

which i should go with : rubican " either way i like it . Thoughts?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-06-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: delete photo
Old 04-06-2018 | 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

which i should go with : rubican " either way i like it . Thoughts?
Or on a swing-down overhead panel

In the video above a Rotopax is on the panel but I've got the same panel in my LJ and I mounted a Rubican there for my trip to Easter Jeep Safari.

jeepmojo (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018 | 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a rotopac mounted under my table for a while it was handy there. Ive got the side plates to mount on the front fenders too. If you didnt have the antenna mount Ild say put it behind the tire on the rack.

Ild say Sherbs overhead rack inside would be dang handy.

I bolted mine to my cooler on the back.

jeepmojo (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018 | 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Yeh inside tailgate im going with, keeping the water container clean is prob best idea. Thanks for opinions & ideas . Its really a good product for the money They look better & different than the other containers out there in my opinion. I also like the mount .
I like the spigot idea too, Thats a great thought.

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-06-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2018 | 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dont forget to vent if you add a spigot.
jeepmojo (04-07-2018)
Old 04-07-2018 | 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Default Akpostal

Did u have a youtube video on the rubican mounted up front a while ago ? i was looking for that video and couldnt find it. id like to see more of your set up . You to own a 2 door correct?
Old 04-08-2018 | 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took my videos down and havent uploaded them to a new host yet. I can take some more pictures later today after it warms up a little. Anything you wanted to see? I do have a 2 door.

Hey Scherb, would 2 rubicans fit and door open mounting 1 to the fender plate and 1 on the door hinges?
Old 04-08-2018 | 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by akpostal
Hey Scherb, would 2 rubicans fit and door open mounting 1 to the fender plate and 1 on the door hinges?
You're asking if the side mount (first photo below) and the door hinge mount (second photo) can both be used at the same time on the 2-door? I haven't tested that combination. If it works there wouldn't be much clearance between the two when the door is open. It may just work but would have to be tested to know for sure.

Old 04-09-2018 | 01:07 PM
JK Junkie

Default Ok now ! lol

first fill up with water . i cant seem to stop the cap from leaking water! soon as i turn it sideways the water starts dripping quickly out the threaded area . it started leaking at the plastic insert first . then i tried going pretty tight and it stopped there but leaks down from the threads / So my question is this " the rubican comes with a orange spout i was surprised by, but it has a rubber gasket on it at the base of the spout . Is that rubber gasket supposed to be taken off and put in the cap some how ? Or do i have a faulty product ?
or is it advisable to give it wrap of plumbers tape around threads ? Thanks

* note i do see a flaw in the top ridge scalloped however im not sure if this is how its getting by Not sure how to remedy that if thats where its slipping by unlesss the rubber gasket would seal that somehow

/

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-09-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop