Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 10-31-2017 | 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Arrived Las Vegas last night for the SEMA Show after a 4-day cross-country drive. Drive was uneventful, load on top was very well behaved, even at 85 mph across Utah. Took a quick photo at an overlook to Black Dragon Canyon in the middle of Utah...

Spent some time last night with the MORryde folks helping them get their booth set up. Among the things they're showing this year - the prototype fridge slide/kitchen, a pre-production Overland tailgate rack (and of course the HD tailgate hinges/tailgate reinforcement/large spare carrier), the Storegate tailgate storage compartment and the inner fender ammo can holders. Also showing the new HD door hinges (not on a Jeep, on the poster at left in the first photo). I'll do some detailed photos of the booth today, last night I just had time for these two quick shots.

Beautiful pic! That's a bucket list for me..SEMA! I didn't realize MORyde offered so much. Definitely going to check them out! Glad your enjoyn yourself and thx for the cool info & pics!!
Old 10-31-2017 | 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Beautiful pic! That's a bucket list for me..SEMA! I didn't realize MORyde offered so much. Definitely going to check them out! Glad your enjoyn yourself and thx for the cool info & pics!!
Took a bunch of pics today, as soon as I get a few minutes to sort them out I'll do some posts.

About adding SEMA to your bucket list - it's an industry-only event, so to get in you'll need to be able to prove you're in the automotive aftermarket industry.

MORryde has a pretty good range of Jeep products now, in addition to their traditional RV line. Not all of them are on their site yet... Jeep Accessories From MORryde. (All of them are my designs BTW).
Old 10-31-2017 | 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

A photo of the Jeep section FCA display at the SEMA Show today taken from the nearby escalator. I was hoping they'd have a JL on display but there were only the same concept Jeeps they showed at Moab EJS earlier this year. They did do a press conference announcing the JL today but I didn't attend.

Old 10-31-2017 | 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

A photo of a poster that was in the MORryde booth:

The new HD door hinges also made it into the SEMA New Product Showcase:

Old 10-31-2017 | 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a product I saw at the show today that I thought was pretty cool, it's a divider for the cargo compartment that includes lots of pockets for gear and webbing (removable) to contain a dog. It's from Xpedition Gear (https://www.xpedition-gear.com/products/sportsman).

Old 10-31-2017 | 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

A little better photo of the Overland Rack. I'm trying to decide if I want to take this prototype home from the show for testing or have them ship me one later.

The reaction to the Trail Kitchen surprised me in that people with in other vehicle communities were very interested - the Toyota crowd seems very interested in it, for example. What I heard from people is that they really liked how it's self contained and deploys very quickly by sliding it out and folding the table out, and that people hadn't seen anything on the market with as much counter space as this one has. The good news is there's really nothing specific about the main kitchen that requires it be installed in a Jeep, it would be easy to install in a Toyota, a Sprinter or some other SUV-type vehicle.

Old 11-01-2017 | 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

This roof top tent was on an FSJ pickup put on display by Omix/Ada. Haven't seen this type of tent before - it's got the Jeep logo sewn into it, I wonder if it was a product offered by Jeep at some point in the past - anyone know?

Old 11-01-2017 | 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

One of my favorite vehicles at the show, and it isn't even a Jeep. Love the roll-up sides and the ambulance doors.

Old 11-01-2017 | 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Fiberglass project idea: make a JK grille with the styling of the JL grille to update the look of the JK. Even though FCA wasn't showing the JL at SEMA, they were showing some of the JL's parts. Would be a fun fiberglass project to do.

Old 11-01-2017 | 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Fiberglass project idea: make a JK grille with the styling of the JL grille to update the look of the JK. Even though FCA wasn't showing the JL at SEMA, they were showing some of the JL's parts. Would be a fun fiberglass project to do.

Lol..that'd be an awesome project!!!

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop