Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 06-29-2017 | 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I ran the Jeep through the car wash today so I could take some final photos of the fenders on a clean Jeep. It'll be about a month until I will have the time to paint the fenders, so until then the Jeep will look like this.

Old 06-29-2017 | 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

A few more.

Old 06-30-2017 | 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I colorized the fenders on one of the photos from yesterday. Body color vs. black...

Old 06-30-2017 | 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Default Flares

The Jeep will look great when you paint the flares!
Old 06-30-2017 | 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Someone suggested I should make steps/running boards that mount on top of the Rubicon rock rails and "connect" the fenders. Wouldn't be too hard to do...

Old 07-01-2017 | 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

The idea of making a "cover connector" on the Rubicon Rock Rails is interesting; it will give a Running Board look, and be stronger than the Factory plastic steps.
Looking forward to seeing this.
Old 07-01-2017 | 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Now that the Rubican mount is in place on the fridge slide, I made up a sink panel for the fold-down table. The panel is a direct replacement for the original wood panel and folds down/stows just like the wood one but it has a hole in it for a small RV sink. In order to stow, the sink is removable - it just sits down inside the hole in the panel.

To fold/stow the table, the sink is just lifted out of the hole and stowed elsewhere.

Because the bottom of the Rubican is several inches above the top of the sink, the Rubican can be used as a gravity-fed water source for a faucet. I haven't installed a faucet yet, but it will be easy to do and plumb to the Rubican with a flexible hose. A "gray water" tank would also be needed for sink outflow.
Old 07-01-2017 | 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
The idea of making a "cover connector" on the Rubicon Rock Rails is interesting; it will give a Running Board look, and be stronger than the Factory plastic steps.
Looking forward to seeing this.
Not sure I'll build them, personally I don't want/need side steps on my Jeep
Old 07-02-2017 | 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Continuing on the fridge/table/sink project, I made up a spigot mount and plumbed it to the Rubican.

It's plumbed over to the Rubican that's mounted on the panel on the side of the fridge.

In operation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QRFwL-QCs The spigot mount is held in place by the sink being in the tabletop, so when the sink is lifted out of the tabletop the spigot mount comes out too - no hardware involved.

All that's needed now is a drain fitting in the sink leading to a gray water can.

The Rubican has a 10 liter (2.6 gallon) capacity, which is a pretty good amount to supply a sink, but using available mounts, a lot more water could be carried. The side mounts, for example, could be used (photo obviously taken before the installation of the flat fenders):

Since they're stackable and the side mount is plenty strong enough to hold multiple Rubicans, two could be stacked on each side of the Jeep for over 10 gallons of extra water in addition to the 2.6 gallons next to the fridge. Or, a jerry can could be on one side to be the gray water container, and two Rubicans could be on the other side to hold fresh water.

One other small enhancement... I made a slip-on cover for the table to protect it when it's stowed.

Old 07-02-2017 | 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nicely done. How about the sink on the side with the Rubican?

More room for food and drink prep and a stove on the other side.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop