Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 03-29-2017 | 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Today UPS delivered a dozen production Tactical Spare Covers - next week I'm driving to Easter Jeep Safari and the company that's about to be selling them asked if I wouldn't mind transporting some for them to have at the Vendor Expo there. I couldn't resist trying one of the 32's on my JK (they sent me 32's and 35's). They're a little wrinkled from being in the box, but the fit is absolutely perfect. The Coyote color is also perfect, and also goes very well with the Spice color of my hardtop.

The sewing company did a really nice job with these.

They also sent me some in black and olive drab but I haven't taken those out of the box yet.
The following users liked this post:
Alextorello (09-18-2022)
Old 03-29-2017 | 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fantastic!

Looks great.
Old 03-30-2017 | 03:12 AM
JK Super Freak

It looks terrific, these should be a Big Hit at EJS . Don't have to worry about Design Changes from JK to JL, Spare Tire on the back of Jeeps since 1941.
Old 03-30-2017 | 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

One of the new products that showed up the other day is the JKU inner fender ammo can holder/Molle panel. I got them installed on both sides this morning.

They support a nice range of cans...

Regular 50 cal:

"Fat 50":

"Tall 50":

A pair of 30 cals:

I'm in the habit of carrying a spare battery on the trail; in the JKU I'll could carry it here:

Last edited by jscherb; 03-31-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Alextorello (09-18-2022)
Old 03-30-2017 | 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
It looks terrific, these should be a Big Hit at EJS . Don't have to worry about Design Changes from JK to JL, Spare Tire on the back of Jeeps since 1941.
Thank you.

I've run into two guys in the past two weeks who say they want to mount their spare inside. I don't get it, but they feel it's the best place for their use of the Jeep. One of them says he wants to use one of the spare covers inside to keep the dirty tire from getting the interior dirty, and as a Molle panel.
Old 03-30-2017 | 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

The other thing that was delivered was a Storegate, but because of the barn door I'll have to trim it a little to clear the barn door supports so I won't have time to install that today.

Old 04-01-2017 | 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Doing a little comparing and really wishing my JKU were olive drab instead of cherry. Other than the side marker lights I added to keep everything legal in this century, the fenders are very faithful to the originals of 3/4 of a century ago.

I'd love to do a military theme like the 75th anniversary salute JK Jeep did last year, only I could do mine with the right fenders .

If you look closely at the MB in the photo above, it's got a blackout light mounted to the driver's side fender.

And how cool would it be if the blackout lights were mounted on the JKU flat fenders and converted to house a high-intensity LED off-road light like the ones I've been playing with recently:

Oh well, none of that works in cherry :(.
Old 04-01-2017 | 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

The Bracket for the Blackout Light is available repro, would look great on your fenders. Do a LED light to mount there, best of Both Worlds.
Old 04-02-2017 | 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been experimenting a bit with the Rubican containers (I've posted about them before on the JK), these photos show it on my LJ but since it just straps on the spare I use it on my JK as well. I often use the Excursion Rack on off-road trips, I typically carry my cooler and an ammo can for food that doesn't need to be cooled or sometimes a large ammo can with recovery gear, depends on the trail and the situation.

I decided to try bolting the Rubican mount to the bottom of the cargo tray on the rack.

Using a Rubican extension mount, it's easy to carry more than one.

Mounting the containers to the bottom of the rack tray still allows the tray to be swung down and used for cargo ...

I also installed a spigot in the Rubican cap so water can be dispensed without removing the container from the mount.

The spigot works when there's cargo on the rack too, I just rotate it so it points down.

Alextorello (09-18-2022)
Old 04-02-2017 | 02:40 PM
JK Newbie
Veteran: Coast Guard

Beautiful work!

Where can I order the tactical molle spare tire cover and the black water jug with the spigot?

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop