Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 03-09-2017 | 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
Awesome! Will there be different sizes or is it adjustable? What's the max size?
Oops, sorry, meant to include that in the post. Sizes in the first run will be 32" and 35".
Old 03-09-2017 | 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Oops, sorry, meant to include that in the post. Sizes in the first run will be 32" and 35".
Cool! Thanks.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 03-10-2017 | 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been working on the master flat fenders to be used to make the molds, here are some photos. They've got a few quick coats of epoxy primer to serve as a sealer for the next steps, which is perfecting the surface and putting an automotive-quality finish on.

The masters are designed to allow for trimming the final parts after they come out of the mold, so to give a more accurate idea of what the final fenders will look like when trimmed, I've used black tape to hide the parts of the masters that aren't part of the final trimmed fenders.

They're designed to accept YJ or CJ side marker lights, if you look closely I've got one of each installed - a CJ light on hte passenger side and a YJ light on the driver's side.

It's snowing this morning, so I did these photos in the garage. Later when the snow stops I'll do some better photos outside.

Old 03-10-2017 | 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

I've designed the fenders so the gusset at the front can be trimmed off if someone wants the most authentic representation of the original Willys flat fenders.

The Willys:

I've covered the gusset with black tape to simulate it being removed:

My original concept drawing for this project showed the fender with the gusset removed:

Old 03-10-2017 | 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jscherb
I've been working on the master flat fenders to be used to make the molds, here are some photos. They've got a few quick coats of epoxy primer to serve as a sealer for the next steps, which is perfecting the surface and putting an automotive-quality finish on...
I really like the look of these Master Flat fenders on the JK. The MCE fenders are about as close as I've seen to something like this, but I really like the classic look of these. I actually like the gusset included because I think it gives it a more finished look, but it's nice that you've included an option to remove it. Great work! Your workmanship never ceases to amaze!
Old 03-10-2017 | 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those look awesome.
Old 03-10-2017 | 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

A few more flat fender photos.

You may have noticed a difference in the Jeep compared to the earlier garage photos - I've removed the side steps. The other day I picked up a set of new take-off Rubicon rock rails for $75 and this morning while waiting for the snow to stop I removed the steps in preparation for installing the rails. But because the rock rails fit higher up on the body than the steps do, they don't fit with the mold master fenders in place. The final fenders once trimmed won't be a problem, but the mold masters are longer than the final trim will be.
Old 03-10-2017 | 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LoboMike
I really like the look of these Master Flat fenders on the JK. The MCE fenders are about as close as I've seen to something like this, but I really like the classic look of these. I actually like the gusset included because I think it gives it a more finished look, but it's nice that you've included an option to remove it. Great work! Your workmanship never ceases to amaze!
Originally Posted by akpostal
Those look awesome.
Thank you very much .
Old 03-10-2017 | 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Two more photos. On the first photo, since the fender will be molded in black but the master part isn't in black, I've blackened out the inside to hide the raw fiberglass inside.

Old 03-11-2017 | 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I do like the "extra" Gusset , and the deeper sides. The Gusset, for added strength, flat fenders, being flat, make great seats and tables.
The deeper sides make stock and 32" tires look good.
Spring Soon, after this little Storm coming our way

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop