Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 12-21-2016 | 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepNAmerica
Cool Idea
Thank you.
Old 12-21-2016 | 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

There's room with the stalk, could stuff a specially sized tube pouch in there. Just more accessible with stalk out of the way.
Old 12-22-2016 | 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
ever make it to production ? might be interested in one that will hold 50 cal can
i already bought the side mount jerry can holder you designed . Very happy with that purchase. if so is there a link to it?
I checked with the company and they tell me the JK ammo can holder will be shipping within the next few days. They expect it to show up in the catalogs and online retailers shortly, but they'll be shipping direct to customers who want them sooner right after Christmas.

Here's a photo of the prototypes in my JKU. The one on the left is holding two 30-cal. cans, on the right is a 50-cal. There are Molle pouches on the lower grid on both of them.

They also told me the Storegate is ready to ship, it's a tailgate storage compartment that can be done in two versions - either with a lockable door/trail table or as an open version with a cargo net to contain the cargo instead of the door/table. I made some prototypes back when I designed it and I've had the net version in my LJ ever since then - it's been very handy. The locking/trail table version is ready to ship, it's available in either TJ or JK versions, the only difference is that the TJ has a notch on the passenger side to clear the third brake light contact cover. The photos below show it on a JK tailgate. The cargo net version will be available shortly. They tell me the MSRP for the trail table version pictured below is $189.99. The cargo net version will be less.

Old 12-24-2016 | 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

I put together an animation video showing some of the configurations for the factory hardtop modular conversion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdjgxPO9O1U
Old 12-25-2016 | 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Ok good to hear .
Thank you
Old 12-26-2016 | 02:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok good to hear .
Thank you
Even though they're shipping from the manufacturer now, it'll take a while for the JK ammo can trays to get to the retailers and get into their catalogs - if you don't want to wait for the retailers, I'm told you can contact Ryan at the company that's manufacturing them in Indiana (ryan.wertz@morryde.com) and he'll take care of you.
Old 12-29-2016 | 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jscherb
Even though they're shipping from the manufacturer now, it'll take a while for the JK ammo can trays to get to the retailers and get into their catalogs - if you don't want to wait for the retailers, I'm told you can contact Ryan at the company that's manufacturing them in Indiana (ryan.wertz@morryde.com) and he'll take care of you.
Thanks, good company , They sent me out a new strap for my jerry can holder very quickly and no charge. It was the wrong size so they sent another right out again. Cant beat that. i might just go with the tall jerry can tray . then i can use it for ammo can or jerry can
mounted to my tub rail in the back. the molle rack is nice but i dont think i need that for what im doing / i bought a air armor 240 compressor and just want a place off to the side over wheel well to put it, when im not using it . But i could wing nut it on there so i could also place the holder on my rear rack wing nutted. when i go to get gas in my jerry can for around the house '
i love the side mount i have , its really worked out nicely when im out in the boonies
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4023 (2).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	663681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3719 (2).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	663683  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-29-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-30-2016 | 02:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, good company , They sent me out a new strap for my jerry can holder very quickly and no charge. It was the wrong size so they sent another right out again. Cant beat that. i might just go with the tall jerry can tray . then i can use it for ammo can or jerry can
mounted to my tub rail in the back. the molle rack is nice but i dont think i need that for what im doing / i bought a air armor 240 compressor and just want a place off to the side over wheel well to put it, when im not using it . But i could wing nut it on there so i could also place the holder on my rear rack wing nutted. when i go to get gas in my jerry can for around the house '
i love the side mount i have , its really worked out nicely when im out in the boonies
The jerry can tray and the ammo can tray are slightly different sizes, so using the jerry can tray for ammo cans works for one 30 cal. ammo can or a standard size 50 cal. can. But if you want to carry a "Fat 50" can (a.k.a. SAW can), that won't fit in the jerry can tray. Also the ammo can tray will fit two 30 cal cans together but the jerry can tray won't.

In the photo I posted the other day, the driver's side tray has two 30's in it and the passenger tray has a Fat 50 in it, neither of those will fit in the jerry can tray.

The base of the jerry can tray is roughly 7" x 14.25"; the base of the ammo can tray is roughly 8" x 13". Fat 50 cans are roughly 7.3" x 12.9"; two 30's are roughly 7 5/8" wide together.

About attaching the tray to the tub rail, the way it's designed the tray itself doesn't bolt to the tub rail, the mount (the black part in the photo above) bolts the the tub rail and the tray (the prototype trays are green in the photo above) attaches to the mount, so the Molle part of the mount is integral to the installation. You could rig up your own way to attach the tray to the tub rail though; both the jerry can trays and the ammo can trays can be had separately without mounts.

Glad the side mount jerry can carrier is working out well for you.
Old 12-30-2016 | 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Default jsherb

ok good catch before i ordered that ' the base part of the can that air armor 240 comes in 1/16 shy of 7" and the length is exactly 12" however its the lid that is closer to the measurements you describe. So its safe to say a jerry can holder with a higher back would hit the lid on the ammo can and not allow it to properly fit in . hmmm guess my little idea isnt going to work , ill have to e mail them to ask what they get for just the fat ammo can holder alone.
and then maybe get a separate jerry can tray as well not a big deal in fact it makes better sense anyway long term

Thanks for pointing that out , least i know what to order now

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-30-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2016 | 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

ok good catch before i ordered that ' the base part of the can that air armor 240 comes in 1/16 shy of 7" and the length is exactly 12" however its the lid that is closer to the measurements you describe. So its safe to say a jerry can holder with a higher back would hit the lid on the ammo can and not allow it to properly fit in . hmmm guess my little idea isnt going to work , ill have to e mail them to ask what they get for just the fat ammo can holder alone.
and then maybe get a separate jerry can tray as well not a big deal in fact it makes better sense anyway long term

Thanks for pointing that out , least i know what to order now
Happy to help, let me know if you need more info.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop