Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 10-27-2016 | 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoenix
I'd love to see you tackle the skylights in the freedom panels. The Jeetops ones have a LOT of issues with leaking and cracking, and, given your skill at this, I bet you would be able to address those issues effectively.
Absolutely agree with phoenix on this as well! Seeing your skill and attention to details, no doubt you could take this good idea and make it great! Seriously tho, if you were able to offer your services/products for sale here to forum members, you'd definitely make bank! I'd be a buyer fer sure!👍👍👍👍👍👍
Old 10-27-2016 | 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by saharaharry
The front clip is interesting, only part that takes away is as center top of grill where it comes to a point. The lines there are too harsh. If where the 2 sides of the grill meet were a bit rounded, giving a softer appearance, it would be more pleasing to the eye. The examples from Mopar underground are worked that way.
My concept drawing isn't 100% accurate - the grille image I used was a photograph I found on eBay; it was taken with the grill lying flat on a table. On the Jeep, the grille will be angled slightly forward, which means in the photo I used the grille looks "pointier" at the top than it will on the Jeep - compare the concept drawing to the stock FSJ Rhino photo you'll see that the grille is less pointy at the top on the stock photo, and that's because of the angle of the eBay grille photo I used to make the concept. All of the lines will flow smoothly when I'm done building the parts .
Old 10-27-2016 | 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Absolutely agree with phoenix on this as well! Seeing your skill and attention to details, no doubt you could take this good idea and make it great! Seriously tho, if you were able to offer your services/products for sale here to forum members, you'd definitely make bank! I'd be a buyer fer sure!
I do these designs and build the molds and prototypes only as a hobby, I have no plans to offer anything for sale myself.

But several dozen of my Jeep and overlanding designs are on the market now, including my LJ/TJ Safari Cab modular hardtop, both my Jeep-tub and military replica fiberglass trailer kits, over a dozen hardware accessory designs and several fabric and electronics designs. A few more designs are in process and will hit the market within the next few months as well (my slider window kit for factory JK hardtops is in its first production run now, to be available soon). Five different companies have signed up to manufacture and market various designs of mine, and some of them also sell my designs through other retailers such as the jeep accessory catalogs as well as on their own web sites.

So it's possible anything you see me design and build in threads like this could end up on the market if a company is interested in it. But you won't see anything for sale by me ever. And the only "service" I offer is free advice to people forum members who want to take on projects of their own - if I can help them succeed with their projects by answering their questions and offering advice, that's satisfaction enough for me .
Old 10-27-2016 | 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Absolutely agree with phoenix on this as well! Seeing your skill and attention to details, no doubt you could take this good idea and make it great!
I do have a design for Freedom panel skylights that solves all the problems that the JeeTops design has experienced. It's in my list of "projects to do sometime" .
Old 10-27-2016 | 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
I do have a design for Freedom panel skylights that solves all the problems that the JeeTops design has experienced. It's in my list of "projects to do sometime" .
I can't wait to see your creation! 🤗
Old 10-30-2016 | 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I haven't quite decided what to do with my $50 JK hardtop yet, but since it's big to store I cut it up this morning.

Since these side panels still have the factory glass in them and the other factory hardtop I converted to modular a few months ago was lacking the glass, I'll probably put bolt flanges on these sides so they can be used with the other factory modular top. That way I can configure the modular top to have factory window sides or I can configure it to have one of my other opening window side ideas.

I do have a plan for the Freedom panels, as soon as I get a few concept drawings done I'll post them.

I'm off to Las Vegas tomorrow for the SEMA Show so I won't get back to this project for a bit, but at least it'll store more easily now .

Last edited by jscherb; 10-30-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-30-2016 | 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

My plan for the Freedom panels that were part of the $50 hardtop deal: I've designed skylights for them. They'll use flip-out hardware on the glass so they can be opened for ventilation.

From the inside they'll look something like this:

Old 10-30-2016 | 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 10-30-2016 | 11:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good sir.
Old 10-31-2016 | 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was lookn at getn a Trektop Pro Hybrid. I gotta tell ya mr. jscherb, I'd purchase your setup over that in a heartbeat if it were available. I don't mind spending, as long as I'm buying a good quality product. You definitely have that covered. Amazing...

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop