Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 01-01-2015 | 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Teebo
Are you related to the car designer Tucker?
No, where did that come from?
Old 01-01-2015 | 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jscherb
Here are some JKU concepts similar to the JK8 ideas in the previous post... the first one shows a JKU with half doors and roll-up side curtains that extend from just behind the front doors. First a body-color Safari Cab roof panel:

Or a black roof panel:

And rather than do the full JK8 conversion, what about replacing the rear doors with filler panels? You'd remove the rear seats as well, or at least fold them down, which I didn't do in this photo-edit. Also this one has fiberglass upper half doors with sliders in the front, which is another project I'm thinking of doing:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!! referring to the Red JK8 concept!!!
Old 01-01-2015 | 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think I've ever posted any of my JK-8 concept drawings here, so here are some...

This one's just got the roof installed, plus the roll-up soft sides:

And this one has hard sides, configured to swing up:

The modularity of the Safari Cab design makes it possible to configure the entire side panels to swing up. I did some experimenting with the concept on the LJ Safari Cab a while back - I never did a complete implementation on the LJ, but it's definitely practical.

This one!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2015 | 09:35 AM
DJ1
Former Member

...heck you could even sell tacos out of that one too with that setup! Kidding aside, I would consider one if I ever was in the market for one.
Old 01-01-2015 | 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Although I appreciate my 10A for its familiarity and reliability, I've always by far prefered the looks of a Land rover Defender110. But I have owned a LR Discovery that ended up being a reliability nightmare that made me promise myself that I would never own another LR ever again.

With this said, I have to admit that you absolutely have nailed it with this roof design, making it look just as good and exotic as a Defender 110.

If this ever becomes available and priced reasonably, you have a customer right here. In anvil please
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388850363894.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	590030  

Last edited by Da10A; 01-01-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2015 | 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Talking

This is soo cool, I am very excited for this to come to fruition!!
Old 01-01-2015 | 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Da10A
Although I appreciate my 10A for its familiarity and reliability, I've always by far prefered the looks of a Land rover Defender110. But I have owned a LR Discovery that ended up being a reliability nightmare that made me promise myself that I would never own another LR ever again.

With this said, I have to admit that you absolutely have nailed it with this roof design, making it look just as good and exotic as a Defender 110.

If this ever becomes available and priced reasonably, you have a customer right here. In anvil please
Thank you.

My friend Tom has a '14 JKU in Anvil; we installed a Safari Cab barn door on it about two months ago for testing since it's compatible with the factory hardtop. It's still in primer in the photo below, and it may be hard to tell with all the upstate NY road salt, but it's definitely an Anvil JKU. Tom plans to paint the barn door Anvil to match the body color.

Old 01-01-2015 | 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Another Anvil JKU here, as well :-)

X model.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10678632_10152887330716683_1209988209321513718_n.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	590041  
Old 01-01-2015 | 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jred71
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!! referring to the Red JK8 concept!!!
Hey speaking of the JK-8, here's what's on the back of my LJ...

Zoom in...

I don't call it an LJ-8 because of any similarity to the JK-8 though, it's because if you look at it from the front, it looks like a CJ-8:

That was another fiberglass project of mine, I call it the CJ Grille Kit - a new fiberglass hood, fenders and cowl panel for the TJ/LJ that enables the installation of a factory CJ grille and ties it all together as if the TJ/LJ and the CJ grille all came from the factory that way - the new fiberglass parts make the curves and shapes of the CJ grille and the TJ tub blend together seamlessly.

I've got a grille kit project in mind for the JK too, although not with a CJ grille.
The following users liked this post:
Todd Kelch (07-17-2020)
Old 01-02-2015 | 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Contact info?

jscherb, is there a way I can reach you directly? I actually work for a fiberglass manufacturer and would love to have a discussion with you. Thanks, Sean!

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop