Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

custom hooks

Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

painted and good to go!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-439652490.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	270901   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1272558173.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	270902  
Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Very creative. I like the concept
Old 01-28-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greenmachine
Very creative. I like the concept
thanks, they turned out better then i thought they would!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

I really like the concept. You could even add a strap keeper, just like a thin strip of metal next to the hook. One thing though, it might be worth testing these with no one around to make sure the welds are good (cant see too much from the pictures). I always get nervous about welded shackle points after we had a superintendent shatter his leg after a similar bracket broke off a paving machine and trashed his leg that wasn't welded good. Don't take this the wrong way, I just see some wild stuff in construction, if you are confident in them then you should be good to go!

Last edited by wardjm1; 01-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wardjm1
I really like the concept. You could even add a strap keeper, just like a thin strip of metal next to the hook. One thing though, it might be worth testing these with no one around to make sure the welds are good (cant see too much from the pictures). I always get nervous about welded shackle points after we had a superintendent shatter his leg after a similar bracket broke off a paving machine and trashed his leg that wasn't welded good. Don't take this the wrong way, I just see some wild stuff in construction, if you are confident in them then you should be good to go!
ill post some better pics of the welds in the day time, thanks for the suggestion with the strap keeper! i like that idea, im pretty trusting of my welds, and my boss is a professional welder and has his own buisiness so im gonna go over everything again when i get a minute, with him helping out if needed just to ensure that they arent going anywheres!

Quick Reply: custom hooks