Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Colors!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never ever heard of someone denting their diff covers at all??? is it even a common thing? I thought thats why you have spotters to put your tires on rocks, not your diffs on rocks....

I've scratched mine plenty but never have came close to hitting them hard enough to dent them
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

i would just spray paint it or use the colored do-it-yourself bedliners. No reason to blow $300 for minor cosmetics.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dropkick
Are those stickers strategically placed for their protective capabilities? No, it's for looks and to make a statement.

I would bet there's more than one person who has purchased the ARB cover solely because they thought the red would look cool.
My JK stickers gave me 11 more HP and increased my fuel efficiency by 2 MPG! Really.

I think the red does look cool and it's one reason I chose to get the ARBs over the Solids (although not the only reason). However, I bought them primarily for the purpose of protecting my differentials - an expensive lesson I learned after destroying my D30 differential in my '05 TJ. Although I wouldn't go out of my way to paint something to make it look cooler or to pose as though I have after-market mods, if he wants to do it, go for it! After all, thousands of Hummer owners do it everyday!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MikeReo
$300 is too much to spend on the ARB's if you just going for looks. Rather than powdercoating....You might be better off with a can of rustoleum. At least you can always touch the covers up when you want.
Well my neighbor actually has his own oven for powder coating. And i just figured it wouldn't cost me much at all just for the paint to get him to paint them. I figured it wouldn't hurt and make them look nicer. In the end i am going to get the ARB's for the protection but as of now i was gonna spend the couple hundred bucks to get quick discos instead and just paint my diff covers time being. My step father is actually a regional manager for 4wheel parts so i get REALLY good discounts so its all in time. i just wanted some input on weather or not painting things would work out in the end.

Thanks so much for all the input i appreciate it everyone.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dropkick
Jesus people. Leave it alone. He wants to do something that he thinks will make his Jeep look better ... is he the only one on here who has done something to the Jeep purely for looks? There's a whole string on this site about people's stickers. Are those stickers strategically placed for their protective capabilities? No, it's for looks and to make a statement.

People with chromed out jeeps don't take this much heat in here. All he asked about was a painted diff cover. I would bet there's more than one person who has purchased the ARB cover solely because they thought the red would look cool.
totally agree
Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Just powder coat them. If I had access to a powder coater I'd get all kinds of stuff coated. Get the ARB's, and have them powder coated to match your jeep, that would really set you apart, and you'd stop getting picked on for mall crawlin'.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
Just powder coat them. If I had access to a powder coater I'd get all kinds of stuff coated.
Yeah thats exactly what i wanna do. That was the reason i made the thread. I have access to get whatever powder coated, im just not sure what i should so thats why i wanted to see what other people had done, or what i should do :P
Old 03-25-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

If I had a black jeep, I'd even powder coat the headlight trim rings black.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
You can do your own powder coating of small parts in the family oven just don't tell my wife where the funny smell is coming from, she thinks its oven cleaner
hahaha are you kidding? lol.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubyRed44
Ive never ever heard of someone denting their diff covers at all??? is it even a common thing? I thought thats why you have spotters to put your tires on rocks, not your diffs on rocks....

I've scratched mine plenty but never have came close to hitting them hard enough to dent them
Been there done that with past Jeeps. Dented the stock cover on my '03 Rubi deep enough the ring gear rubbed it. Spotters are great but there are times when rocks move, loose traction, spotter isn't going to stop that kind of stuff from happening my friend.

Quick Reply: Custom Colors!