Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Colors!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nclehmann
You should also get the hood reinforcement cover and powder coat it in the same color as your stock differential covers. It'll strengthen the hood and match your differentials.

Attachment 7344
LMAO
Old 03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

im flying to las vegas on friday and my neighbor has his own oven for powder coating so i was gonna let him do it for me while i was out of town. Thats why i made this thread so i could see what other things people had powder coated to make the underside of their jeeps look better. but so far i havent gotten any pictures. No ideas? or has noone painted anything on their jeeps yet?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Riddlers sprayed black with bedliner - easy to touch up when scratched
Do you have any pictures of it? just so i can see how it turned out and what it looks like.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by P Nasty
im flying to las vegas on friday and my neighbor has his own oven for powder coating so i was gonna let him do it for me while i was out of town. Thats why i made this thread so i could see what other things people had powder coated to make the underside of their jeeps look better. but so far i havent gotten any pictures. No ideas? or has noone painted anything on their jeeps yet?
Unfortunatly, you are on an offroad forum and most members on here actually use their Jeeps Offroad so no one really just paints up the undercarriage so it looks better, we are too busy beating it and knocking paint off. Just the truth.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Unfortunatly, you are on an offroad forum and most members on here actually use their Jeeps Offroad so no one really just paints up the undercarriage so it looks better, we are too busy beating it and knocking paint off. Just the truth.
As i said before. I live in FL...And if you know anything about florida, you know we have zero mtns. Its not that i dont like offroading, its that theres nothing to beat up my axes here really unless i just get careless and go take it through a building or something. I am looking for pics of creative things people have done because i want to continue doing things to the jeep to keep busy, i enjoy it.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

So noone has done anything to their jeeps chasis at all just for a nicer beefier appearance? i guess it was a crazy question after all. :P
Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P Nasty
As i said before. I live in FL...And if you know anything about florida, you know we have zero mtns. Its not that i dont like offroading, its that theres nothing to beat up my axes here really unless i just get careless and go take it through a building or something. I am looking for pics of creative things people have done because i want to continue doing things to the jeep to keep busy, i enjoy it.
im in florida and theres plenty of stuff to break things on, and i havent run out of trails to the point where im painting things either =P
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Jesus people. Leave it alone. He wants to do something that he thinks will make his Jeep look better ... is he the only one on here who has done something to the Jeep purely for looks? There's a whole string on this site about people's stickers. Are those stickers strategically placed for their protective capabilities? No, it's for looks and to make a statement.

People with chromed out jeeps don't take this much heat in here. All he asked about was a painted diff cover. I would bet there's more than one person who has purchased the ARB cover solely because they thought the red would look cool.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dropkick
Jesus people. Leave it alone. He wants to do something that he thinks will make his Jeep look better ... is he the only one on here who has done something to the Jeep purely for looks? There's a whole string on this site about people's stickers. Are those stickers strategically placed for their protective capabilities? No, it's for looks and to make a statement.

People with chromed out jeeps don't take this much heat in here. All he asked about was a painted diff cover. I would bet there's more than one person who has purchased the ARB cover solely because they thought the red would look cool.

--Thank you-- =D
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

$300 is too much to spend on the ARB's if you just going for looks. Rather than powdercoating....You might be better off with a can of rustoleum. At least you can always touch the covers up when you want.

Quick Reply: Custom Colors!