Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Colors!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Colors!

So i was planing on ordering my ARB diff covers today and got to thinking. How hard would it be to just remove my stock dif covers and get them powder coated? it would look just about as nice right? Anyway i was hoping we could get a thread going with some creative jobs people have done with their jeeps whether it be interior or exterior. Post your creative DIY Paint jobs here. Go go go! im excited to see how creative some of us have gotten.

--Zack--
Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

I don't think that the replacements are just for looks. I think that they offer a greater level of protection.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P Nasty
So i was planing on ordering my ARB diff covers today and got to thinking. How hard would it be to just remove my stock dif covers and get them powder coated? it would look just about as nice right? Anyway i was hoping we could get a thread going with some creative jobs people have done with their jeeps whether it be interior or exterior. Post your creative DIY Paint jobs here. Go go go! im excited to see how creative some of us have gotten.

--Zack--
If you take your stock covers and have them powder coated, you're just doing mall crawling stuff. We don't replace them to change the ambience. We change them out to offer protection for the diffs.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Well i dont mind that to much. For now i just wanted the ARB' For looks. I live in florida so theres not any mtns or rocks or anything to hurt them. For now i just wanted them to look nicer until i take it on a trip up north. Once i get to take it up north ill worry about strength. But i figured for now i would buy Quick Discos and just paint my current covers. Is that a dumb idea?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P Nasty
Well i dont mind that to much. For now i just wanted the ARB' For looks. I live in florida so theres not any mtns or rocks or anything to hurt them. For now i just wanted them to look nicer until i take it on a trip up north. Once i get to take it up north ill worry about strength. But i figured for now i would buy Quick Discos and just paint my current covers. Is that a dumb idea?
Your jeep....your tastes....do what you want!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure. Powdercoating is the strongest stuff in the world, ain't yall heard?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Ok. Powder-coating is what im gonna do =D Next order of buisness! Lets get to those pics of creativity! lol. Lets see what everyone has done with noting but some paint to spice up the appeal of their Jeep.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Just get some chrome ones!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

You should also get the hood reinforcement cover and powder coat it in the same color as your stock differential covers. It'll strengthen the hood and match your differentials.

Click image for larger version

Name:	80481-lg.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	7344
Old 03-24-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

How about a factory mud color?me

Quick Reply: Custom Colors!