Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom canvas winch cover.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Custom canvas winch cover.

I'm not a fan of neoprene, so I measured my winch and my wife helped me cut out the pieces of fabric. My mother in law then sewed it all up, added an elastic border on the bottom and it fits pretty well. Really snug. I found a small compass patch and slapped it on to decorate it a bit.

I'll put a plastic bag over the winch first, then the cover to make it a bit more waterproof. Already drove it over 60 mph, it's not going anywhere.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You do not, perchance, have a pattern for it do you? This is *exactly* what I want for mine.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to custom make mine because of how the control box sat... slightly tilted so the remote could clear the hoop...

Just think of it as a series of boxes...

So I drew this up quickly, it is not to scale, obviously. But it should give you a starting point.

We used a half inch seam all around and finished it off with elastic. You stretch it out as you sew it on, so it's nice and tight.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! I tried making one for mine with marine grade vinyl, but it didn't turn out so good. It now resides in the back of the Jeep.

I never thought to use elastic on the bottom. I'm going to try making another one, so I'll try the elastic idea.

JD
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're "sewing challenged" like me, an alternative to elastic would be brass grommets in the bottom, with bungees to go under the winch.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

That is super nice. I'm all for protecting the winch.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nicely done with the help of the +1 and the uber +1

Quick Reply: Custom canvas winch cover.