Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crunch

Old 03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The area will be no stronger than it was stock if I put he guards on and there is a gap between them and the body. With the body siting properly against the guard it will add considerable strength to the area. Think of it like the body mounted rocker guards and how they spread the stress of a hit out over a large area. Plus $1000 isn't really going to be that big of a deal in the long run... its less than 5% of the total cost of the jeep. I just don't understand why everyone is such an advocate of doing things half-assed.

Ty
Old 05-10-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Finally Repaired!

I got the Jeep back from the body shop yesterday. I took my sweet time taking it in to get it fixed. The work was performed by Dick Taylor Autobody in Springfield,Il. I highly recommend them. Ask for Butch, a super nice guy. The pulled he quarter panel off and fixed it (a new one is $1200) and replaced the corner piece. Paint is an exact match to the original and I can't find where the old pant stops and the new paint begins. A+ Operation.

It will soon be armored up. Front bumper on the way with Rubicon rails hopefully right behind it. I'm talking to someone about a rear bumper/tire carrier. AEV guards will be put on very soon.

Ty
Old 05-10-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

The work looks great! Well done and know you must feel a lot better about your baby. Glad to know there's a good body shop a few miles up north!
Old 05-10-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
I got the Jeep back from the body shop yesterday. I took my sweet time taking it in to get it fixed. The work was performed by Dick Taylor Autobody in Springfield,Il. I highly recommend them. Ask for Butch, a super nice guy. The pulled he quarter panel off and fixed it (a new one is $1200) and replaced the corner piece. Paint is an exact match to the original and I can't find where the old pant stops and the new paint begins. A+ Operation.

It will soon be armored up. Front bumper on the way with Rubicon rails hopefully right behind it. I'm talking to someone about a rear bumper/tire carrier. AEV guards will be put on very soon.

Ty

Looks great!!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi

That sucks. As 2K2wranglerx hit on, there is a reason that the corner guards and flush mounted tail lights are popular mods, even for TJ's. I would seriously consider that for you as well.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks awesome,I'm glad you went with fixing the damage Instead of beating it out,it looks alot better.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice Job! Looks good as new...
Old 05-11-2008, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
That sucks. As 2K2wranglerx hit on, there is a reason that the corner guards and flush mounted tail lights are popular mods, even for TJ's. I would seriously consider that for you as well.
I'm with you on the flush lights. Even something low profile like the ORO litedots would be an awesome option. I've been part of a couple different threads to get a set of AEV corner guards into production with no taillight cutouts so I could mount a set. I may hold on to the AEV guards to see what the market brings. Once I install them it is pretty permanent since I'm sure no other brand of guards will have mounting holes that will be in the same spot.

Ty

Quick Reply: Crunch