Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-ADD77
Wow! Just Wow!
I read your contribution this morning and promised myself I wouldn't post a reply. Well, that didn't work!?!?

My first thought was to offer you swift kick to the balls! It would be to your benefit so you could start a thread of sympathy. Then, my “glass half full” side of my brain kicked in. I had a positive thought based on a famous JEEP phrase. “It’s a JEEP thing and you wouldn’t understand!” Of course, the “you wouldn’t understand” part of this phrase is pointed to non JEEP owners. With your above statements, I’m not sure you do understand. I don't feel it is my right to correct you because our thoughts differ. It's both of our rights to have our own opinion.

This is mine:
There is a reason each of us are on this forum. Some are here just because we like our JK’s and some are here because it's a lifestyle. "Lifestyle" is a broad term. I believe the JEEP “Lifestyle” is a relationship between humans being brought together by one common factor. The foundation that makes these relationships work is basic common courtesy with a little extra sprinkled in. The experiences and communication we share between each other helps us build from there. For me, I look at JEEP owners differently than other vehicle owners. They may not think the same of me but, I feel we share something bigger. It’s a JEEP, man! I feel more obligated to offer a helping hand to a JEEP owner than any other vehicle owner. I haven’t offered any cash contributions to CRASH’s dilemma because I also have my own issues. However, I can offer my support and knowledge to try and help. CAMP and his crew are in a position to help more than I can. The forum members that can offer cash donations are also in a good position. I applaud each and every one of these members! I also applaud those who sympathize and offer what they can. As stated above, it’s basic common courtesy with a little extra. “It’s a JEEP thing and I hope you understand!”

Good Luck Pink Toes! I hope our paths cross so I can give you a “JEEP wave” and maybe buy you a beer!

Nicely put, still being a newbie, that's one of the reasons that attracted me to Jeep vehicles and events.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

this forum is funny.

here's wishing you the best crash! and a much better 2010!

P.S. yellow jeeps are still for girls
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure what a lot of you guys are smoking. Let's count the failures in judgement.

Driving into a lake...
...and not stopping when it's obviously too deep...
...when you don't know what your insurance actually covers...
...in a vehicle too expensive to repair out of pocket
...then whining to people about your "misfortune".

Epic fail.

I know there are a lot more guys like me sitting here scratching our heads and wondering who these yahoos are who can't be bothered to act like adults and take care of their Jeeps. (BUT IT WAS AWESOME!!! HE WAS IN THE LAKE AND HARDCORE!!! FUCK YEAH!!! whatever...) But it's not PC to say that on these boards.

I'm out. I originally came to this board to find out about products and projects for my JK. Haven't seen anything worthwhile here in a long time. Just a bunch of children. Later.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pink_toes
Crash is so humble and thankful.....he started his own "bash crash" thread. What a guy.

I would rather pay 5 dollars to someone who really needs it, such as a bum that does not even have a car let alone a 20k jeep wrangler. Not crash, the driver of a sunk gay yellow piece of shit, self wallowing, loathing, self pitting douche wand mother fucker who in actuality created his own prison! This fag posts a new thread about every sad or bad thing that has ever happened to him. In a "community based on brotherhood" knowing he will get his re-assurance fix and hopefully $$$. So please wont you all tell crash his yellow Jeep is in fact cool for a man to drive. Now camps asking for money from all of us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

Fuck him(crash), not my Jeep not my problem, not me no way.

Do what I do and get a job and pay for your own shit, and god damn it, for the rest of us forum members who pay for there own shit, and wheel it with respect.... fuck you. If you choose to wheel it the way you do, face the outcome. Show us all pics, but please spare the pity party.

Maybe I should make a post every-time I stub my toe, and then get a free build (for crash but costs every forum member 5 dollars). We all face hardships and problems but don't post them for every one for all to pity. Grow up. Keep your personal life, just that personal. Should I tell you all the day my sister died, in a jeep. Maybe it will get me a hemi swap?

MAY GOD BLESS our Veterans and the truly poor people of America who really need other peoples help and deserve handouts!!! I love this country and being free for all the hard work you do! Thank you
WELL SAID

I still like ya Crash. I just can't get my thoughts around your actions. I truly truly have an understanding of your misfortunes. However, everybody goes through these things. Get over it and laugh at all the jackasses pointing out how they would act in your situation.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Former Member

I have been thinking about something for the past x days while I've been lurking in the Crash Tech section.

Crash, you drove your Jeep into a deep puddle and did some significant damage. This we know. You've always been praised for "wheeling the piss" out of your Tonka, and most of us have enjoyed the pics.

Now, assume Camp builds your Jeep back to new, funded by members' donations. Are you going to continue to beat on it and use it "like a Jeep?" It's a catch 22... You either baby it and become a mall crawler, which the majority of the forum thinks is the equivalent of neutering, or you continue to wheel it and (whether you intend it or not, big disclaimer here, no offense!) take the forum's members and their money for granted by pushing the Jeep past all limits.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to pubicly apologize to the members, Crash, and Camp on here. I was outta line in some of the things I've posted over the past few weeks. Without going into details of what caused this, just want to say I'm sorry. We as mods are looked at differently so..... the poster that called me a dick was right. I can be a mutha at times. I'm just gonna leave it at that and hopefully we'll have no more crap on this or the other thread. Take care guys. Mark
Old 01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
I have been thinking about something for the past x days while I've been lurking in the Crash Tech section.

Crash, you drove your Jeep into a deep puddle and did some significant damage. This we know. You've always been praised for "wheeling the piss" out of your Tonka, and most of us have enjoyed the pics.

Now, assume Camp builds your Jeep back to new, funded by members' donations. Are you going to continue to beat on it and use it "like a Jeep?" It's a catch 22... You either baby it and become a mall crawler, which the majority of the forum thinks is the equivalent of neutering, or you continue to wheel it and (whether you intend it or not, big disclaimer here, no offense!) take the forum's members and their money for granted by pushing the Jeep past all limits.
thats a reasonable line of questioning, presented in a respectful manner, so I will respond.

However my Jeep gets repaired....this is how I feel.

Every vehicle has its limits, as does every man. Im glad I have been able to entertain everyone with fun and photos in the past, and I hope to do so in the future. As I have found the limits of this vehicle, I know now what to expect from it. I will still take it on trails, across the rocks....and yes, through the occassional (very shallow) puddle. I will exercise more caution, however, when doing so. There are many levels between Mall Crawler and Jeep Destroyer, and I hope to fall somewhere in these ranks. I now take nothing for granted, appreciating all.

I hope that the people who have donated to Camps project have done so as friends and brothers, knowing that Id do the same for them if the situation was ever reversed. I dont want pity, and never have....but I enjoy knowing that there are friends who are willing to help. I like to think that if everyone lived in the same area, that these would be the people to get together and help any of their Jeep brothers throw their Jeep back together. I envision a huge rebuild party where everyone can grab a tool, grab a beer, or just grab a friend, and share in what being a Jeep owner is all about. Unfortunately, distance divides many of us. This is a big world, with many Jeepers from many places, and if pitching in on the forum is the only way they can extend a helping hand, then I am as thankful as if they were getting their hands dirty working on my Jeep right here beside me.

God bless you all, even those who disagree.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 01-07-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I'd like to pubicly apologize to the members, Crash, and Camp on here. I was outta line in some of the things I've posted over the past few weeks. Without going into details of what caused this, just want to say I'm sorry. We as mods are looked at differently so..... the poster that called me a dick was right. I can be a mutha at times. I'm just gonna leave it at that and hopefully we'll have no more crap on this or the other thread. Take care guys. Mark
Mark, weve shared a lot of great times on here, and a lot of laughs....even some competition....(maybe this is my prize..lol)
Youre a good guy, and have great things to add.
thanks for the apology. I enjoy knowing you on here, and am proud to call you my Jeep brother.
Id extend my hand and give you a big ole man hug if you were here...but maybe this is the next best thing... cheers.

Crash
Old 01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

As long as you still post pictures of half naked girls laying all over your Jeep, I don't care what you do with it or who gives you money to keep it running.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Yeah, but you told us you were bipolar so now we don't know what to believe!!

Just kidding...I personally am not offended by any of the remarks on here. I think people are offended to easily by things that don't matter. Those people stay offended. I've seen a few posts where people stated they're leaving the forum and I think that's a shame under these circumstances.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?