Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Regarding everyone else on this thread, I hope you can all try to remember that this is a forum and among other things, it is a place where people come to express their opinions. Of course, these opinions may not always be the same as yours but in my opinion, that is a good thing. Needless to say, I'd be grateful if you could all please try to keep it civil in here. Thank you.
Eddie.

Thanks for taking the time to respond in here, and helping out in keeping the peace. I feel your entire response was appropriate and concise, without being berating, as many on forums often are. You are a great leader and friend on here, and I appreciate all that you do to keep this site available for us.
I hope you had a very merry Christmas with your family, may God bless you and yours.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:37 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Why thank you Eddie for getting back with me, I kinda thought one of the mods would send my request to you, but in the future I will send it directly to you as well.
Believe it or not, I receive tons of PM's and emails everyday and did so over Christmas as well. I hope you can understand that during that time, I purposefully chose NOT to respond to most of them ESPECIALLY if they came from moderators as typically, the only reason why they would contact me is because they need me to deal with an issue or problem that requires my attention and, that wasn't something I wanted to do over Christmas. However, if I had gotten a PM or email from a sponsor, I probably would have looked at it as most of the ones I got from sponsors were to wish me a Merry Christmas.

As far as not having a life, my life is family, building jeeps, and when I can helping others. I drove 908 miles on Wednesday to bring my mother n law here to phoenix. She lost her husband, my best friend to lung cancer this past Febuary, and my heart goes out to HappyC and his family. I am actively supporting his facebook page, as I have posted a link and a plea for support to the members of my cop4x4 face book fan page, as well as a link to his donation section. While money, parers, and exposure is the only way I can support Happy C, my passion for building jeeps can help Crash with his situation. While you call my offer to help and rally the troops a solicitation of my services, I see it very differently. I see it as a calling to help another jeeper in need. My only charity that I have ever supported is the Disabled Veterans Hospital in Loma Linda California, and my Recon Jeep was auctioned off their in 2008 with no reserve. All 61,000.00 dollars that it sold for went directly the the hospital, with me getting not a penny. Now, I could not afford to do that then, and I cannot afford to pay for doing this, but I can solicit my friends and family to help, and have talked my guys into doing this for a hugely discounted labor rate, and labor rate only, as well as put into his jeep new running gear, so that he has one less challenge to worry about. Some ask "why am I doing this?" Well, I am not really sure, maybe because I am a dumb ass, maybe its for promoting my business, or maybe its just because when people ask me questions like that, I ask them back, "Why not"
Perhaps you misunderstood my response but just so that it's clear, I wasn't questioning your commitment to your family nor was I asking you to qualify how charitable you are or have been in the past. I was mearly trying to explain why I had not responded to you sooner.

Regarding your rallying of the troops, I understand that you see your efforts as a way to help another jeeper in need and for whatever it's worth, I believe that your intent is sincere. Needless to say, that is the reason why I have re-opened your thread and moved it into the appropriate forum. I hope you can understand that the issue here is that regardless of how much of a discount you say you are offering, you are ultimately still charging for a service. To complicate things even more, you have openly suggested that it would be "pretty freekin cool" to "generate enough money to build a super tonka jeep! I am talking hemi, 60's, what ever, right now I plan on replacing the stock set up, but if i can get enough money, this thing can be pretty freekin cool". Needless to say, the amount of money required for this to occur is well above and beyond the $1800 stated and it is why it is so difficult for me to treat your call for help as anything except for a solicitation.

Any way, I can appreciate the fact that rules are rules, and I will post up this adventure that I am taking on in the sponsors section.
The very fact that people around where Crash lives have stepped up and helped him and his family at Christmas simply proves that he is a good guy, and I plan on doing what I can.

Thanks guys, and have a very merry Christmas. Peace/Out
Thanks Camp, I appreciate your understanding of my position here and hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year ahead.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-26-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Believe it or not, I receive tons of PM's and emails everyday and did so over Christmas as well. I hope you can understand that during that time, I purposefully chose NOT to respond to most of them ESPECIALLY if they came from moderators as typically, the only reason why they would contact me is because they need me to deal with an issue or problem that requires my attention and, that wasn't something I wanted to do over Christmas. However, if I had gotten a PM or email from a sponsor, I probably would have looked at it as most of the ones I got from sponsors were to wish me a Merry Christmas.

Perhaps you misunderstood my response but just so that it's clear, I wasn't questioning your commitment to your family nor was I asking you to qualify how charitable you are or have been in the past. I was mearly trying to explain why I had not responded to you sooner.

Regarding your rallying of the troops, I understand that you see your efforts as a way to help another jeeper in need and for whatever it's worth, I believe that your intent is sincere. Needless to say, that is the reason why I have re-opened your thread and moved it into the appropriate forum. I hope you can understand that the issue here is that regardless of how much of a discount you say you are offering, you are ultimately still charging for a service. To complicate things even more, you have openly suggested that it would be "pretty freekin cool" to "generate enough money to build a super tonka jeep! I am talking hemi, 60's, what ever, right now I plan on replacing the stock set up, but if i can get enough money, this thing can be pretty freekin cool". Needless to say, the amount of money required for this to occur is well above and beyond the $1800 stated and it is why it is so difficult for me to treat your call for help as anything except for a solicitation.

Thanks Camp, I appreciate your understanding of my position here and hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year ahead.
Right on......looks like everything's cool then...???
Old 12-26-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Camp, broke my foot a few months back and I'm behind on bills, can't even afford dog food, may have to just eat him, can I have a hemi? A nack, uh a sticker maybe?

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-26-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Crash, were you able to get Tonka to Crocker?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hey Camp, broke my foot a few months back and I'm behind on bills, can't even afford dog food, may have to just eat him, can I have a hemi? A nack, uh a sticker maybe?
We have been feeding our dog scraps from the restaurant my wife works at. maybe you could check into something similar. Its the only way we were able to keep her. Though she came home with a cow leg the other day...maybe she needs more scraps.

Originally Posted by joeybear
Crash, were you able to get Tonka to Crocker?
the plan is still new and has not advanced that far yet.
Soon though.... hes working on it.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
I have eaten dog before, Philippines, mighty tasty with a little soy sauce, and buddy, as long as you have a pot to pee in, well, uh, do your business n, your next year should be fun. I have been hold up outside your house for a while hoping for shots of that hot wife of yours, but all I keep getting is shots of you.
Merry christmas buddy.

Damn, that's one of my better pics. Happy New Year Camp Oh I've since stopped shaving my chest, only balls now.

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-26-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi

Damn, that's one of my better pics. Happy New Year Camp Oh I've since stopped shaving my chest, only balls now.
let's not go there..........
Old 12-27-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Old 12-27-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Camp, just get crash one of these.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	3311062985_3d6ec9f555.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	34540

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?