Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-25-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Thanks, Tay.

Actually, this has been one of the most amazing Christmas days ever.

Like I mentioned before, i did some odd jobs for a woman here in town over the last few days, including assembling Christmas toys.
She had said she would play santa for my little ones if I helped her out.
And did she...wow.
She bought over $1000 in gifts for my four children....clothes,toys, Kaedynce got a pink jeep to drive around in, Aedyn got a battery powered atv, Kenny got a PS3, Aezlyn got noisy learning toys...and so much more! We were given these gifts last night, so theyd be under the tree this morning, but i got a bigger surprise when I went outside!

Our front porch was covered with hundreds of dollars worth of groceries.....plus toys and wrapped gifts for the children!
There was no note, no info, just bags and bags and boxes of goodies!
We have been so blessed and overwhelmed this christmas. praise god!
Thanks for posting this Crash. We had a rough Christmas eve in my family and your post really lifted my spirits. Seriously...thank you.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Our good buddy Joe at Teraflex sent us a tourque converter and the 1310 yokes as well, we are on our way buddy.
Ummm no, I have a t-case with 1310 yokes not a torque converter. We meed a running tab of what we have and need on this.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!! I just finished reading/skimming most of this thread. Crash, you are to be admired for your NEVER QUIT attitude! It is wonderful to see someone who is so willing to face adversity and give it the finger. EFF EM ALL LET GOD SORT EM OUT!!!!
With that said, I am in Shreveport and if I can help with the resurrection of Tonka I will. I am handy with a wrench...I am a CJ-7 building veteran. If there is a way to Texas-engineer something to make it work you can rest assured that I will find it.
...hell...I'll even bring the beer/wine/hard stuff...
Old 12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe you should just buy a boat... a jeep isn't going to last in the water.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Oh...one more thing...
Anyone who says to swap in a SBC motor is blowing smoke quite literally. Lets get an old AMC 360 or 401 and put that in there with a TF727 tranny and a D-300 t-case...then graft a GM TBI fuel injection system onto the top of the motor. It DOES work. Ask me how I know this...
Old 12-25-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

I have put the life of my Jeep in the hands of Camp Crocker and COP4x4.
I trust him and the people he has working for him.
Contact him with any ideas or plans you may have. thanks.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Ok...here's how I did it. This project took me months to complete and it worked beautifully. Any of you naysayers out there can PM or email me for details. I think the old thread speaks for itself. This engine pumped out 410 ponies and nearly 500 ft-lbs of torque. The CJ had 1-ton axles front and rear and suspension reserved for hard-core rock-crawlers...and I drove it on the beaches of South Texas almost every day while I was in grad school.
Lets do THIS to the TONKA!

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-25-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: no links to other jeep forums
Old 12-25-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

donation sent to Happys cause......and once i know where i will donate to crashes tonka as welll....money is a bit tight here right now as well so i am doing what i can.......i wish them both the best......

hey crash lemme know what items you are looking to sell off and i will see if there is anything myself or anyone i know needs or wants also....
Old 12-26-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Waiting on a link to donate...
go to cop4x4 on face book their is a link their.or you can find camp on here and he has a link to his face book on his signature
Old 12-26-2009, 08:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Camp, I apologize for not responding to you sooner. Believe it or not, some of us have lives that exist outside of this forum and in my particular case, I hope you can be forgiving of the fact that I chose to spend my Christmas with my family. Yes, I did come on here for a bit, but only in an effort to try and help out a friend who I only recently found was starting to loose his fight for his life.

Regarding the new thread you started, I see that one of our moderators temporarily removed it pending review as he felt that it was in direct violation of our rules. Being that you are in fact asking the members of this forum to pay for your services to rebuild another members jeep and to the point where it's essentially a "super tonka" with a "HEMI" and a set of "60's", this would be soliciting and as you know, threads of this nature can only be posted in the sponsors forum:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/faq....q_sponsorposts

Also, while you are more than welcome to solicit money for your services, we do have rules prohibiting the posting up of any links or directing members to 3rd party websites including PayPal:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/faq....b_faq#faq_ebay

So you know, I have since reviewed the thread you had originally posted regarding the solicitation of funds to rebuild this Jeep and I will now have it moved into the Sponsors Forum. Regarding online payments, I will have to ask that you please direct people to your website only. If PayPal is the only method you can receive payments online, I would suggest that you post a link on your website or send those who are eager to pay for the rebuild of this Jeep, a PM with the information they need.

Having said all that, may I suggest that in the future, if something is so important for you to get posted and/or resolved, please contact me directly by PM or email. Certainly, I never got one from you and if I had, I may have been able to address things sooner. Please know that publically posting up your grivances or attempting to keep making posts that you already know you are not allowed to make until it has been approved by me, will not hurry things along.

Regarding everyone else on this thread, I hope you can all try to remember that this is a forum and among other things, it is a place where people come to express their opinions. Of course, these opinions may not always be the same as yours but in my opinion, that is a good thing. Needless to say, I'd be grateful if you could all please try to keep it civil in here. Thank you.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-26-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?