Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-24-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk08wrangler
hey dumbass u were most likely fired cause your stupid ass wasn't worth keepin around. ya lets donate money even though i dont have a job. :'( im losing my house! get the fuck off the internet and get a job. jobs are everywhere u fuckin dumbass. i wasnt being rude just stating my opinion and you act like ur loser ass has a better one. hey how bout when ur on the street nobody helps ya cause your to stupid to help urself

Hey Dumbass yourself! i have a job I belong to a Union thats american. and would be working now If you Canadians would get your shit straight in alberta. my company would be working.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by woodweavil
Hey Dumbass yourself! i have a job I belong to a Union thats american. and would be working now If you Canadians would get your shit straight in alberta. my company would be working.
hell yeah another union man!

i guess some don't realize how hard it is to get a job right now.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

im honestly amazed by what is going on in this tread... this is supposed to be a community and the people who are trying to start shit clearly don't understand that. What satisfaction do you get by saying that hes stupid for driving his jeep through a lake? I honestly dont understand that. im my opinion Crash has one of the nicest jeeps on this site and im sure he knew the risks he was taking. If you ask me these people have nothing better to do with their lives then sit on this site and say stupid shit behind a keyboard.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

I thought I had to watch T.V. to get a glimpse of a soap. I can get it here while browsing JK-based threads. Awesome!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We, the JKF community have the oppurtunity to help 2 of our own here, Happy C and Crash. With all the resources of the vendors/members here, both can benefit from this. I'll throw in a stock X T-case from mine if needed. I swapped it for a Rubi case, so I don't need it. It's your choice to help either, neither or one. Asking/accepting help in either situation isn't easy, I've been there myself with my wife. Let's keep it together here and work it out.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tired of hearing it...

Okay that's it. I have had enough. I'm simply tired of hearing it. If you guys want to help the Tonka great. If not that's your business. I think we all can agree that yes, he was doing what some people think Jeeps are made for. Yes it was risky. Will I be sending him money...no. If it were me, I wouldn't have taken that risk, because it's my daily driver and I have a second job just to make the note. He's grown and he knew what chances he was taking. Now, let me lay this one on you. How about the senior moderator on here who just found out he had terminal cancer? If we are going to help someone how about him? Please don't misunderstand, this is in no way a personal attack on anyone here. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure Crash didn't even want donations. I'm just saying, Crash had way more control over what happened to him than someone getting cancer.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Junkie

Another one who didn't bother to read my post before weighing in.
Next?
Old 12-25-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

crash, dude, i'm truly sorry for the shit you've had thrown at you in this thread. i too am out of work, fixing/selling older jeeps has been paying the bills for the last 3 months. if i had extra money i'd gladly help both you and the mod with medical problems. instead, i will do what i can and will continue to pray for both of you and the troubles in your lives. thanks for being a positive guy around here, even when half these people are throwing you under the bus.

and just a note to all the people bitchin about crash taking money: did any of you notice that he repeatedly declined anything like that? it wasnt his idea, and camp is going out of his way to help someone out. yes, crash over estimated his jk's water-crossing abilities. but people here are true friends, and while we may not be able to help crash with any housing/job problems, we can help with the jeep. it may not solve all his problems, but its one less thing for him to fight on his own.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

First of all, we are never going to get everyone to agree on anything. There is nothing wrong with anyones opinions.

I have been criticized for my opinions, but I don't take it personal. Never have never will. I learned through my 24 years of military service that having "thick skin" is a very positive trait.
Crash, I don't think anyone dislikes you as a person. Some think it was irresponsible to destroy your daily driver. Let them have their opinion. Others think you are the man and admire your style. That is their opinion.
It is what it is.

What does amaze me is that Happy C, iirc has been fighting his cancer for some time, yet there is no thread with 85 pages of comments, thoughts, prayers. Just last night, WOL placed a thread informing the JK community of his declining state of health.

To my knowledge, Happy C has never reached out to us, but I think that we need to reach out to him and his family.

I am not attempting to sway anyone's opinion, but we are talking about someones life here. I will be ashamed of the JK-Forum as a whole if we do not get Happy C some relief.

Having said all that, I will donate to both Crash and Happy C. It is Christmas. I am new to the Jeep "family" and I know that collectively we can help.

With 27,000 members . . . a small donation will certainly ease the financial burden and unbeliveable hardship "OUR" fellow JK-Forum member is enduring.

Some of you may donate to one or both. That is up to you!!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Its already working buddy, his donation counter has gone from 400 bucks to I think $1400 over night, nice job jkforum guys and gals, but it would be nice to see it at $140,000.00 by the end of the year, I just went through lung cancer with my father n law, he is going to need all the help he can get
Awesome Camp!

Thank you sir for stepping up to help Crash. Although, AZ is a long way for me to drive, I would be more than willing to assist if you find yourself in need of labor. Kinda wish I was still stationed in Sierra Vista so I could at least get to your shop and help in any way possible.

ShawnJ

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?