Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-23-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you still have your stock hood? I may be intrested in buying your hood and trading you my stock fenders for your bushwackers + cash if they are still in decent shape. I alost have a stock rear bumper i can give you if your willing to part with that LOD rear bumper. Pm me if any of that interests you.

Last edited by High-Roller; 12-23-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

dont give up crash. theirs a motor and transmission in the for sell fourm for 1700 for both i think he even said he will pay for shipping at that price you could work some thing out. sell parts to get it back running. or something.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to say letting it get repossessed may not be your best bet either.

What will happen is that they will then auction Tonka. With out it running, it will only get pennies on the dollar. I've got to think a non-running 2-dr JK might not get more than $4K at auction.

They will then file suit against you for the remainder, so you will then be forced to pay-off on something you no longer own.

It seems like selling what parts you can & trying to get it running might be the best thing.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hkx3
You know, I may live to regret typing this, but I wanted you to have something to think about.

I bought my JK Ultd new in Feb of 2009. About 1 week later I separated from my wife, and took on lots of new bills. At the same time my job cut back on hours, cut away O/t, and I took on child support (was 550/mo, now 500)

Obviously my life changed bigtime.

I no longer had expendable income, no longer had a safety net. Everyone told me to unload the Jeep, take the Jeep to the dealer and turn it in, burn it, have it "stolen", etc etc etc.

You know what I did instead? Took on more work. Got another job, and worked for farmers in the area around my home doing anything they needed. Didnt worry about how much it paid, how much it sucked, or anything.

Look at my signature. Everything there was bought while paying for the Jeep as I signed that I would do. I also pay my child support early every month.

Not on a high-horse here. Im telling you things are always an option, and turning in a vehicle that you have obviously abused, then refuse to pay for, is not cool to me.

Im not a company man, but I look at like this...you chose to mod your Jeep before it was paid off. Now things are super tough, and it looks like unloading the Jeep on the insurance is the way out. Maybe unloading on the lender is another.

Trust me, tough it out, pick up extra work, and hold your head up!!

Every day is a new day, and a new opportunity. I lost a co-worker to self inflicted injury about 3 weeks ago. I talked with him about this same scenario.

He no longer has any options. You arent there.

Accept help, like I did. I wouldnt accept a handout, but instead I worked for money.

Make it happen dude! You preach about showing your son what a Dad you are, show him this lesson also. Much MUCH more important than how to ruin a nice Jeep in a mud hole.

This is great advice! I'm not sure it will spark alot of positive comments though as Crash is such a HERO for using his Jeep for what it was intended

He and others are likely to accuse you or bash you for "Not leaving the parking lot with your Jeep.

I too have been through MUCH more difficult times in my life. I just choose not to put them on here and want people to feel sorry for me. I personnally have no desire or need for people to tell me how cool I am for how I modify or wheel my Jeep. If I did my screen name would be "The ALMIGHTY ShawnJ". I guess I'm just not that cool.

I do get infuriated by the comments of how the dealer or his insurance company should be liable to fix his Jeep. Sure, let them repo your Jeep. It's the finance companies fault too . . .. let them suffer the loss! You were only showing your son a good time. I can't understand why americas economy is in the tank and all these banks and auto manufacturers need government funding to bail them out.

Poor Crash, I personnaly hate to see you go. I can't wait to see your shiny new Jeep next year. Will it be a 2010 or are you going to wait to get the 2011? I hear it will be fully submersible and your loan company will have fully forgiven you by then.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShawnJ
This is great advice! I'm not sure it will spark alot of positive comments though as Crash is such a HERO for using his Jeep for what it was intended

He and others are likely to accuse you or bash you for "Not leaving the parking lot with your Jeep.

I too have been through MUCH more difficult times in my life. I just choose not to put them on here and want people to feel sorry for me. I personnally have no desire or need for people to tell me how cool I am for how I modify or wheel my Jeep. If I did my screen name would be "The ALMIGHTY ShawnJ". I guess I'm just not that cool.

I do get infuriated by the comments of how the dealer or his insurance company should be liable to fix his Jeep. Sure, let them repo your Jeep. It's the finance companies fault too . . .. let them suffer the loss! You were only showing your son a good time. I can't understand why americas economy is in the tank and all these banks and auto manufacturers need government funding to bail them out.

Poor Crash, I personnaly hate to see you go. I can't wait to see your shiny new Jeep next year. Will it be a 2010 or are you going to wait to get the 2011? I hear it will be fully submersible and your loan company will have fully forgiven you by then.
Really man are you that much of an asshole. Read what all is going on in the mans life before you bash him. He did what he wanted with his jeep and he knew what would happen. He has done it before and he will do it again if he gets a new jeep. Things not in his power have forced him and his wife out of work so this is why he has to repo it because he has no money. Now when he needs a place to chill and relax with friends on the forum he has to come on here to be bashed by morons like yourself.

I have watched and watched this thread go both ways. I have kept my mouth shut for long enough. One person posting how stupid he is and his decisions were dumb......I THINK THAT GOT THE POINT ACROSS TO HIM......Dont keep rubbing it in.

Crash you will be missed and sorry about your misfourtune (nothing to do with the jeep) Hope your lives get back on track soon
Old 12-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crash check your PM's. I can get a used auto tranny for $800.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Snorkel...

If you decide to sell your snorkel PM me.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow. In all honesty, I always assumed this beast would get back up and running. Its really a shame that you are unable to get it running. I hope you are able to keep going on it and someday soon get it back up and running. If it can;t be done, please, oh please, stick with the 2 door. 4 doors are great and all, but us 2 door guys gotta stick together. And if you get a new or newer, whatever it may be, that deep water blue color would look really sick with the paint scheme you envisioned a while back....the fade to silver. Just keep it in mind. Good luck with your rig, and have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 PM
JK Newbie

Don't be an ass. If you read the thread, this was an afternoon of wheeling that went bad, and the mechanical problems went from bad to worse. Crash then had housing and business problems on top-- who wouldn't feel overwhelmed, and wonder if they should just walk away? Your sarcastic, "holier-than-thou" post is mean-spirited and crass. What was the point of inflicting yourself on this thread? Next time, if you're gonna bash on a fellow jeeper for his misfortune, especially at Christmastime, stop and think first.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 PM
JK Newbie

Are you really serious? Talk about kicking someone while they are down! I really feel for Crash. I don't know him from a hole in a wall, but I am sorry for the circumstances that he is going through. Sure what he did is his fault, but people make mistakes. There is no point in being a dick about it! I am still pretty new to the whole "jeep scene", but being a jeep owner now, I consider it as a big family that is ready to help out anyone in need. As with any family there is always the "black sheep". Perhaps you should look into trading in your jeep for an h3. From the comments you posted you sound like an h3 owner. God bless and good luck to you Crash.

Last edited by 1blackrubi; 12-23-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?