Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-09-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
I still vote for "Phoenix", favorite mythical creature of all time

Golden, rose from its own grave, only one can live at a time(meaning yours is unique.) I love it, such a beautiful creature
The Phoenix was reborn of ashes, it would be more fitting if Tonka had burned but since it drown you should call it Tahoratakarar, the child raised by the sea later to captain the boat of souls to collect the souls of those claimed by the sea.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Slowing Down A Little...

Are we to assume with the bind you are in that the off roading and expensive mods are gonna slow down a little? Or planning to just gas on it!?!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Any extreme offroading will wait until I find an insurance company that will cover it.

And expensive mods?
Are you sure you have the right guy?
I'm the king of the bargains and homebrews. Lol.
If it can be done cheap, I'm on it.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

today's progress:
Removed muffler...it was FULL of water.
Let jeep run for about 30 minutes. It overheated. I need to flush cooling system and add antifreeze.
Ordered idler pulley. $11. Will be here in the morning.
Finished bedlining the tub (see pic), replaced trim. Also did outer shell of center console, so the light grey is now black texture.
Designed homemade muffler concept...does anyone know if you can use galvanized fence posts as exhaust?

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 12-09-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

Designed homemade muffler concept...does anyone know if you can use galvanized fence posts as exhaust?
Why yes you can, my first vehicle was a Bronco II with a galvanized pipe welded to the header and straight out the back. Haha, sounded so bad . . .

One thing to mention when welding galvanized steel. Try to clean as much of the galvanization off as possible . . . it is very very very bad for your health if you inhale it. If you have a respirator you should definitely use it. Wouldn't want you to get the Galvie Flu.

Last edited by Locklain; 12-09-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Thx, Lock.
So I've heard..
But I won't be welding it.
I'll explain it all in my write-up if it works.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Ok.
As seafoam was 10, and heet was 2, I was stuck using the latter. We will see how it does.
I followed the odor, and attempted to identify it.
My best guess is burning mud in the exhaust.
It may be time to replace it. I will see what I can rig, since I can't quite afford to do what I planned in my exhaust thread.
As for the pulley, it might be easier to fork out the 20, then to mess with the dealer and the wait.

More good news...since I'm out of business, I was able to return 2 5gal drums if roofing tar. I couldn't get cash, but got lowes credit.
It got us Christmas lights for our tree and 7 cans of sprayliner (for my tub).
Well......."Heat" just takes out the moisture, that's why it's so cheap. The only reason I said "Sea Foam" is because it is a super good cleaner as well. Another guy here on the forum (can't remember who) flooded his engine with dirty water and used the Sea Foam right there in the field. Took off the air intake hose and sprayed it in the throttle body. Said it worked wonders. So you still may want to try it. Bazillions of mechanics swear by the stuff.....
Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

I plan on it when I get some more dough.
Thanks.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

I have to do that bedliner mod. It looks so awesome. I know you said in one thread that it took about 7 cans to do. I wonder how many it'll take to do a 4 door.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

The little sign hanger by the cans says they recommend 6 cans for a full size truck bed, so it really just depends on how thick you wanna lay it down.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?