Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joeybear
What the fruck happened??
damn Crash, what the hell happened!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok...heres why we were planning on closing after we both found new jobs somewhere....
a few months ago, we had move out of our house immediately due to a poison gas leak that the landlord refused to fix. we had to find a rent house big enough for a family of 6, and move...all in a weekend.
the next monday, our landlord @ the studio location (where we had been for 3 years) told us he had sold the building we were in, and had 3 weeks to vacate.
We had used all of our savings on our residential move, so we were limited on our studio move. We looked everywhere, in all areas of town, and all we found was a location 1/3 of the size of the old one...for $150 more a month. We thought it might be ok, since we are on the main drag, but its too far off the road, and state law prohibits us from putting a sign by the road. Business had started to pick up when we had a sign out there, but the code officer came by and had us move it.
Gross monthly dropped from 9k to 2k.
Three of the rooms are unusable due to flooding when it rains (which is often), and the landlords say its my responsibility.
at least all of the snakes keep us free from rodents for the most part.
Also, the shop backs up to Crackville, so we have shady characters hanging out in the parking lot all of the time....dealers, beggars, prostitutes, etc.

Our biggest problem, though, is that no one knows where we are. We had signs at the old location, but the new owner removed them all. We tried an ad in the paper (paid for by my pops), but could only run it for so long. I have talked to numerous people who thought we went out of business, so they went to nearby towns for their work.

Its just an all around bad situation.

and here's why we closed today.
We share a building with another business.
We split the bills 50/50.
A few weeks ago, they started moving out.
Today I went in and had no power.
After many phone calls, we discovered they had pocketed my share and not paid in 2.5 months...so the bill is over $600. My landlords said the other half wasn't their responsibility,and that I'd have to pay all of it.
Well, we know I don't have it.
I checked, and they did the same with water and gas.
Anyway, this was the last straw for me. I can't stay any longer. I told them I wasn't paying rent since they keep screwing me.
It sucks most because December is our busiest month of the year...but as you know, it's been slow anyway.

A blessing though, our church paid our house rent for us today, so we have a place to live. Praise God.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 12-03-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

goodluck man. keep the chin high it will all work out. my grandmother always told me " this too shall pass " and its true. today seems like the end but you will make it thru. you have your health, your family, and your faith. you will be ok my friend. I am truly sorry for your tough time though.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

It is sometimes hard not to see anything but the bad things in life. You have to look beyond the things that you may have lost and hold even tighter that what you still have.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

I'm normally pretty positive.
I'm looking nationwide for jobs for me and the wife.
I just try to focus on the good.
Heck, I haven't even cried today about having to close my business.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

wow crash, i hate to hear about all your misfortant. Hope you can get things straightened out soon.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

Security issue resolved.
Starter now fried.
Sigh.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

??? You replaced the WCM and the starter went bad after? It was already dead? How you know its fried? Take it off and test it? Auto parts places can test it for free. Instead of buying a new one, you can get it rebuilt for $50+/-
Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi

Were you able to start your Jeep at all? If so, did it run ok?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

progress man...your making progress

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?