Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following along on the thread but I just thought I would reply and say mkjeeps response is perfect. Call up the insurance, tell them what happened and have them get in touch and fight with the dealer. The insurance doesn't want to pay it and they shouldn't have to in this case. The dealer f'd up big time and I would be going nuts on these guys. That's just plain irresponsible. Good luck to you buddy!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
I think what's frustrating me the most is all this advice and input falling on deaf ears. Crash is gonna have to heed this advice to resolve anything and I am not seeing that happen.
lol....i have been at work since i took the Jeep home.
I am going in to talk to manager tomorrow.
turns out same guy is still service manager....he just wasnt the one who made the call about the warranty work when they looked at it monday.
I called him and talked about what happened....all he did was say"ok....ok.....ok....ok" as I griped about it.
That pissed me off...like I wasnt important because I wasnt getting the repairs done.
Also, an estimate breakdown was promised on my invoice...but this is all it says:

He explained that the estimate is figured by hand, but that he would type it up so Id have an official copy. I will get it when I meet with him tomorrow.

These guys have always been nice and helpful until now...so I dont want to flip the a**hole switch just yet, but I am letting them know how I feel about the situation.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 12-02-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

I really have to ask Crash, what did the dealership say when you towed Tonka in?

I take mine in once in a while just to try and keep a good relation and always get the same question, "What were you doing with this, playing in the mud?"
Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
F'em, call your insurance and tell them what happened, you ain't gotta lie, they just soaked the inside of your jeep. It was dry when u brought it to em. They just made any and all of your probs that much worse.
Seriously, the truth will go far in this one. Brought in dry, soaked while in their possession, ball is in your court buddy, go get 'em
Old 12-02-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Youri
I can't believe they spelled "components" as "componets" and "console" as "colsole".

If they can't even take the time to spell something right, how can you trust them to work on your jeep!?!!
Both of those are easy clerical errors. Now if they had "cumponets" and "consoul" I would worry a little more.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

#600 Marcus....congrats. lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Dried as much as I could tonight.
Will work on it more in the daylight tomorrow.
There's water everywhere.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crash...I would be in jail right now and someone's jaw would be broken. I can't believe people actually walked to their vehicles at night after their shift, saw your Jeep without a top or doors, looked up at the clouds, and said "Ah, f**k it" and kept walking. This is plain laziness and stupidity. At this point the thing to really do is call your local news station. I am sure with all of the national news about bailouts and American car companies in trouble your local news station would gladly do a story on what happened to you. There is nothing...I mean nothing more threatening to an owner of a business than when cameras and a reporter with a mic walk through their front doors.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

oh yeah, now that the dealer left it out in the rain with no top on ... aint no way they just gettin away with it. i'd give me a big ol fist up the arse for it.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

I agree it was unprofessional and irresponsible to leave it out there....
But I don't see what good it is going to do to get angry and make a big scene if I don't even know what damage it caused. I'm not going to ask for a bunch of free stuff just because a jeep got wet.

In regards to claiming this incident on my insurance, I'm afraid that isn't an option. Though I'm sure I would be covered for the negligence of the dealership, the only things we know need to be fixed were damaged prior to the rain.
However, last month I had to choose between insurance and groceries for my family...and since the jeep wasn't running anyway, and my family comes first, I unfortunately had to let my insurance lapse. The kids are on WIC now, so that helps a little with food for them, and we have an appt next week to get them set up with food stamps.
Again, I'm not asking for anything, just being thorough in my explanations. I do not lie or exaggerate about anything. I think it's ridiculous that I get verbally flogged on here for helping people understand my situation. I have never asked for money or pity. Things are just tough right now, as they are for many.

I go to talk to the service manager in an hour or so.
I'll let you guys know what's up.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?