Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chryler got a bailout we gonna be payin for anyway, f'em.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

picked up jeep this morning.
They left it in the parking lot overnight in a rainstorm.
Column apart, console removed.
Everything I've spent time drying is soaked again.
Plus naked column is drenched.
Time to get to work again.
Dude that is BS and completely out of line. They are responsible for your vehicle while it is on there lot. I would have not left there with out raising hell with the service manager.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really guys? Yeah its crappy what they did but did they cause anymore damage than was already done? His Jeep was underwater! Insurance company no. People shouldn't try to get a free handout for a situation they caused. I can see holding them accountable for any EXTRA damage that was done. But don't go after free handouts.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes, thats true, but since they are not warrenting anything, dont you think they should not cause anymore damage (it wont be known if there is more damage) ....thats just BS........
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IonZone
Really guys? Yeah its crappy what they did but did they cause anymore damage than was already done? His Jeep was underwater! Insurance company no. People shouldn't try to get a free handout for a situation they caused. I can see holding them accountable for any EXTRA damage that was done. But don't go after free handouts.
How do you know that what they did didn't cause anymore damage? Water could have got into the dash and got things wet that didn't get wet before. They left his column wide open to the elements and like he stated the column didn't get wet why he drowned it.

Take your Jeep to the dealer running or not with no doors or top on and find out they left it out in a downpour....I bet you would be pissed as hell.

He's not trying to get any type of handout. He took it it and had to run a diognostic test on it. They gave him a price to fix it. He doesn't have the money they are asking for so he paid for services rendered and took it back home.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

picked up jeep this morning.
They left it in the parking lot overnight in a rainstorm.
Column apart, console removed.
Everything I've spent time drying is soaked again.
Plus naked column is drenched.
Time to get to work again.
I've gotta agree with some of the other guys on this one. Regardless of how good or bad the condition Crash's Jeep may have been while in the dealers possession, them leaving it outside where its open to rain is just an irresponsible move. And in my opinion a down right shitty thing to do to someone's vehicle.

It belongs to Crash so it's up to him what he wants to subject it to, but it's not the dealers to make a poor call like that in my eyes. I really hope that move doesn't fly without repercussions.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
I'll probably get banned. LOL!

If I left a guys bike out in the rain with the tank pulled and the air box off you bet your happy ass I'd be buying a nice service ticket. I was the sales manager an had to put out service fires all the time.

YOU, Crash, need to heed my advice and report this bullsh*t to Chrysler customer service. They WILL listen to you and then you will hear from the GM. You're gonna have to take this bull by the horns from here on out.

If I was still laid off I'd be on my way out there right now and you and I would go make the 6 o clock news. You're dealing with a piece of shit dealer and service manager.
I agree, a bit more brash than I would put it, but yes I would report to Chrysler customer service. If anything maybe they will slash your repair costs. The worst they could do is tell you sorry.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

ok...there have been a lot of responses since my post this morning.
Instead of replying to each, I will tell of my interaction with the dealer.

As the service manager and dealer manager were in a meeting, I was only able to speak to the service counter help.
I explained what had happened, and gave him the heavy, wet blanket that they said was over console, but was really in the rear of the Jeep.
I told him to make a note of the incident, and that any further damage to the uncovered areas due to moisture would be their responsibility.

I understand that there is already water damage to some parts of my vehicle.
I dont think, however, that it gives them the right to just leave it out in the open like that...especially now that I had finally dried everything out. I have spent many hours with towels, rags, qtips, and blowers to dry it out. Thats fine. I was the one who had gotten it wet. This time, though, it wasnt me....and it wasnt a surprise rain.

I am not going to ask them for any handouts, but I will hold them liable for any further damage that may come as a result of their actions.
Whatever slight moisture and/or dust that was in the clockspring/WCM/column, etc....its soaked now. I have no way of knowing if it further damaged anything.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F'em, call your insurance and tell them what happened, you ain't gotta lie, they just soaked the inside of your jeep. It was dry when u brought it to em. They just made any and all of your probs that much worse.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be beyond pissed if the dealer left my vehicle out exposed like that. That is disrespectful and just plain stupid. I agree with all the comments in the thread and would be having a heart to heart with the dealership owner.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?