Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paratus13
Come on!!! Lets get a fund going!!! It IS the season for giving! Crash, if you dont set up a paypal email, I will on behalf of you then I will send you a friggin check!

Are you kidding me?

I can no longer bite my tongue. If this were an issue of a fellow member in need I would support it unconditionally. However, this is an issue of someone who intentionally and irresponsibly caused this damage.

Every time I read a post, the guy appears to be begging for someone else to fix his Jeep or for free parts.

Why don't he sell his Nack for $80 to get his Jeep back.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
Are you laid off right now or something? Argue with them about he $80 bucks. Haven't they done work for you in the past? Call Jeep customer service direct and tell them you aren't getting help. It's a jeep it's supposed to be muddy.

You nee to get mad at this dealership an make them work for YOU. Go to jeep.com and call the customer service line.

You can get out of the $80. They don't want it sitting there anymore than you do. It's a liability to them without a top and doors on it also they have to keep it indoors. Trust me. They'll let 80 bucks slide if you get right with them an show them that you're a long ime ustomer whoasked for their help. Don't lay down to these guys it didn't cost them a dime to look at it.
Are you serious.......all dealers or shops will charge a diagnostic fee unless you get the work performed in which they will waive the fee. It did cost them to look at it. Do you work for free? A mechanic took time to look at his Jeep and maybe missed out on a working on another Jeep in which he would get paid for the work.

Secondly yes Jeeps can be wheeled and in mud. However they are not covered or DESIGNED to be submerged in over 3' of muddy water. Read you owners manual and warranty guide. It's spelled out clear as day how deep of water it designed to go through.

The dealer has no reason to warranty any of this....the owner was clearly negligent
Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6DoF
yeah ... nothing in the warranty say's you can't wheel it. i'd take it to anther dealer or higher up the chain.

if nothing else ... make them give you the parts to put in yourself, and cover the diagnostics.

Steelerships FTL
Re-read your warranty and what it says about water fording depths!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ShawnJ
Are you kidding me?

I can no longer bite my tongue. If this were an issue of a fellow member in need I would support it unconditionally. However, this is an issue of someone who intentionally and irresponsibly caused this damage.

Every time I read a post, the guy appears to be begging for someone else to fix his Jeep or for free parts.

Why don't he sell his Nack for $80 to get his Jeep back.
First, I have asked for no parts.
Second, I have asked for no one to fix the jeep for me (except for taking it to the dealer)

I addressed the charity donations idea earlier in this thread and pointed out that I specifically wasn't asking for money.

All I've asked for is repair advice, and welcomed company if anyone wanted to hang out while I work on it.

Begging?
Never.
Intentional damage?
Never.
Irresponsible?
Sure. And I've addressed this.
Most everyone on here has accidentally damaged their vehicle while offroad. If they were being responsible, you'd see them following you around the parking lot, playing it safe.
I don't see how a water related accident is different than a crawling/climbing accident. If I had snapped an axle or popped a spring, or thrashed a driveshaft, or had a boulder tear down the side of the jeep, I'd be hardcore. ...but water makes it intentional?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

In response to the other posts, I'm not asking that they waive the $80.
They took the time to work on it and look at it, they deserve to get paid for it.

I understand not covering the shifter area, it was underwater.
The column wasn't.

I would never expect them to cover something they weren't supposed to, but I'm not going to stop them if they choose to.
I took it up there to have the key transponder reprogrammed, not have everything torn apart.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Most everyone on here has accidentally damaged their vehicle while offroad. If they were being responsible, you'd see them following you around the parking lot, playing it safe.

Hang in there, Crash. Right now, I wouldn't make any decisions until you get the list. Then you'll be able to see what you need them to fix and what you can do yourself. The only thing I'd be concerned about is some fine print somewhere setting a time limit on how long you can leave your Jeep there until they can auction it or something. Might want to ask the old sales manager.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
In response to the other posts, I'm not asking that they waive the $80.
They took the time to work on it and look at it, they deserve to get paid for it.

I understand not covering the shifter area, it was underwater.
The column wasn't.

I would never expect them to cover something they weren't supposed to, but I'm not going to stop them if they choose to.
I took it up there to have the key transponder reprogrammed, not have everything torn apart.
Don't get me wrong....I wasn't coming down on you...just the other 2 guys. I agree it's always worth a shot to see if the dealer will warranty it. You have handled this well.....I feel for ya since I have been through it before. My saving grace was it wasn't with an over computer controlled JK
Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes . . . . the depth of that water makes it intentional.

Yes it is the season for giving. Why don't we focus our efforts on donating to needy children.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

My financial situation was not this severe when the accident occured. Now, however we are in more of a bind, and I am without any money. That just means I need to sell more of my stuff.

As for taking it in,
They've never charged me for anything before, even replacing parts soaked with mud, and they said nothing of the charge when I dropped it off.
I'm gathering some things to take to the pawn shop.
I'll get the money.

My Insurance company doesn't cover offroad.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Money does suck!

Crash i feel your pain buddy i have to drop off the jeep tomorrow to have the swaybar looked at and with overspending on xmas and all if they dont cover it under warranty I dont know if I have the cash to pay them for the work until next payday.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?