Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 11-26-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test...

Having problems, needed to test a post.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by highoctane
Hemi time?
so many people suggest this, but may fail to realize that I have to sell things to buy the stuff to repair what I have. I literally have no upgrade funding. I had to sell some of my tools just to rent the pressure washer to clean up the JK enough to see what I was doing. I took some movies to the pawn shop to get the money for the fluid change and other things I did last Sunday.
Though most of my mods were designed and created in my garage, my desire to create was not the only motivator. Costs play a major part in it as well.
I thank everyone for the suggestions, but its not in the realm of reasonable acquisition at this time.

If engine replacement was an option, it would have taken place long ago...though Im not even sure the engine is the problem.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
so many people suggest this, but may fail to realize that I have to sell things to buy the stuff to repair what I have. I literally have no upgrade funding. I had to sell some of my tools just to rent the pressure washer to clean up the JK enough to see what I was doing. I took some movies to the pawn shop to get the money for the fluid change and other things I did last Sunday.
Though most of my mods were designed and created in my garage, my desire to create was not the only motivator. Costs play a major part in it as well.
I thank everyone for the suggestions, but its not in the realm of reasonable acquisition at this time.

If engine replacement was an option, it would have taken place long ago...though Im not even sure the engine is the problem.
I was just sayin that since you had the sunday, sunday, sunday post, lol. Remember the hemi commercial when that engine first came out? Your at home mods look pretty cool imo. I like the rivet decals. Good luck on gettin it running again.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Junkie

Anyone know how to crack into the column?
I'm sure now it's full of mud.
Chunks fall out when I move it up and down.
On the bright side, it did finally let go of my keys.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Crash did you ever get your starter out?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by john smack
Crash did you ever get your starter out?
Coming up Sunday, my friend.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by musicman
If your just referring to the plastic shroud on the column it should just be a few screws underneath and then a few clips holding top and bottom together.
thanks....
i borrowed a halogen worklight from my pops, so I may take a crack at it tonight.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Good luck, if you need a hand I will come down.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
thanks....
i borrowed a halogen worklight from my pops, so I may take a crack at it tonight.
Those things are priceless, they have allowed for many late night builds. . .come to think of it everything I have done is at night Man i gotta work on my scheduling and sleep patterns
Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Ive decided that instead of going inside when I need a break from the disappointment of my inability to fix the jeep, Im gonna do other mods.
I know its good to walk away from things for a little bit when they arent going your way. First backup mod will be a rear 1.75" lift....but hopefully I wont ever get to it...I hope to be able to focus on the task at hand.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?