Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Maybe, but here's my two cents for what it's worth. I've never even met you Crash. Nonetheless I find myself constantly checking this thread even while I'm at work. There is something really cool about Tonka and what you have done with "her". Your build is not just a collaboration of a bunch of cool aftermarket parts...it is truly your work, your ideas, and your creativity. Many of us, myself included, will be forever constrained by what we can or cannot purchase. We either don't have the creativity or the skill to do what you do (both in my case ). I sincerely hope things start moving in your favor Crash, because I for one really enjoy seeing how you "put pen to paper."
Thanks, brother.
That means a lot.
Im thinking about eventually gearing my professional creativity away from tattooing and more towards Jeep accessories.
Not in a position right now though to take any big risks.
If you like reading about my concepts, and havent seen my more recent ones, check out my future custom exhaust and speaker system.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
LOL! I definitely don't think this is magazine or tv show material...
nope...not a bit.

I think that with the right couple of guys you could have this thing running in an afternoon.
Yes, but its just me...and Im a moron.
so its still broken

You might consider changing your approach to make it work then make it perfect. Spending too much time on the details will drive you crazy and prolong your madness.
not sure what details you mean...I started with the electrical under the hood as it seemed the most likely to be damaged.
I only changed the fluids so as to not damage anything if it started....havent done anything else.

Tear into the steering column very first thing next time you're working on it. Disco the battery when you dive in...you can never be too save with your face where the airbag is. LOL
Thats the plan for Sunday.
Im also gonna mount some florescents in the garage so I can work on it at night.
Ive been very limited with worktime while it was parked outside.

If you were closer I'd come get the damn thing and spend my nights working on it for you. I'm 6 hours away though. :(
Thanks. i appreciate it.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
You're kidding me right?
Nope. There's tons of dreamer shows out there where the hosts are building unrealistic setups costing tens of thousands of dollars in addons and the perfect sponsor driven instructions.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a show every now and then highlighting a real world scenario. Does Crash wheel his rig harder than most, sure, but this thread draws attention because there are some who are very interested in finding out what the real issue is.

How many times have we all run through a troubleshooting scenario. Not many shows like that on TV, but its real and it applies to most of us.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Thanks, brother.
That means a lot.
Im thinking about eventually gearing my professional creativity away from tattooing and more towards Jeep accessories.
Not in a position right now though to take any big risks.
If you like reading about my concepts, and havent seen my more recent ones, check out my future custom exhaust and speaker system.
No worries...keep up the fight and you'll get everything figured out. Those other threads sound interesting, I'll check them out. When you get Tonka running again, I will run a concept by you that I am working on for a collapsing cot/bed for my unlimited. I think I have a decent idea but the execution is proving to be a challenge.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kahuna Mas
Nope. There's tons of dreamer shows out there where the hosts are building unrealistic setups costing tens of thousands of dollars in addons and the perfect sponsor driven instructions.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a show every now and then highlighting a real world scenario. Does Crash wheel his rig harder than most, sure, but this thread draws attention because there are some who are very interested in finding out what the real issue is.

How many times have we all run through a troubleshooting scenario. Not many shows like that on TV, but its real and it applies to most of us.
so true, im following this not only because Crash entertains me and I want to see his baby running again, but also because I am interested in what the problem is. If we figure it out, it will no doubt become a new mod for most people on here who deal with any amount of water. What I mean is, whatever is broken, once we figure it out, Im betting most people on here are going to find a way to waterproof it if it is possible.

We learn from others experiences, and this is one hell of an experience. Thats why so many people are following this thread, and why it has more views than the ones that have been stickied forever, it has a purpose
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
We learn from others experiences, and this is one hell of an experience. Thats why so many people are following this thread, and why it has more views than the ones that have been stickied forever, it has a purpose
Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On Powerblock TV....

I think an "after disaster" rebuild would be as good as anything else I've seen on there. Xtreme 4x4 spent 2 full episodes on mud bogging, and the last episode I saw was on remote control rock crawlers (seriously).

At the very minimum, if you take good notes & photos I bet you & I could put together an article to be published in one of the offroad magazines.

On Crash's Mods...

After you get Tonka (My suggestions is to rename her Ketos, greek mythology monster of the deep) up & running here's you next must-do mod...

Also, I've got a custom "basement builder" idea for you I started on, but never ran with. Give me a call some time & I'll be happy to talk it over with you & see what you think.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
I thought it was just because Crash knows how to write a catchy title
You know, I've noticed that his titles are always pretty interesting, and yes. . .they probably do help to grab attention. . .but i'm pretty sure thats not the reason we are all still following it
Old 11-25-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Junkie

yup....427 posts in a month because a title sounds fun.
not sure how im gonna top this.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
With the 429th post
HAhaha no but in all seriousness, I havent seen a thread with this much interest in who knows how long, probably the Lynx one was the only thing close in a while. I just really want to know what the problem is, its gotta be something interesting thats for sure.

Oh and as for what you have to do to top this, lets just get her running first Im not sure I want to know what would top this. . .

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?