Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuse box was packed with mud.
circuitry was caked pretty tightly.
everything in several very clean pieces now.

if anyone missed it...theres a workplan a few pages back....it was overshadowed by name ideas.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
fuse box was packed with mud.
circuitry was caked pretty tightly.
everything in several very clean pieces now.

if anyone missed it...theres a workplan a few pages back....it was overshadowed by name ideas.
I almost want to see what you see when you pull this stuff out, but at the same time, i kind of dont want to see what you are looking at either
Old 11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

anyone know anything about the rubber plug on the front side of the Computer unit?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

I just wanted to address this real quick...
It's been mentioned several times in this thread.
As much as I appreciate everyones generosity, I couldn't bring myself to set up my own charity account, nor could I beg for money from all of my brothers who are setting money aside for their own dreams.

Also, I've gotten in trouble on here for soliciting when I wanted to do things for people for free...I'd surely be tempting a ban if I ever asked for money. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have this place to turn to.

I don't want any of you to get in trouble either. If you all collectively decide to do something like this, please make sure you go through the appropriate channels, and get all of the proper permissions from the forum authorities. Perhaps a forum sponsor would need to be involved. I'm sure that the Moderators and Admin can answer any questions.

Again though, everyone is welcome to come and help or hang out on Sunday afternoons without bringing any money or gifts. I appreciate everyones love and friendship.
I understand your concern about the legality of it, but hey, I just giving you a buck. No skin off my back and you did not ask...we are OFFERING! Mods?? Anything wrong with this? If not, Crash...set up a paypal account!!! Instead of buying a drink tomorrow morning, I'll set my dollar aside for you. No harm to me or my dreams
Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alishia suggested LAZARUS, for only a miracle of God will raise it from the dead.
If it's unsalvagable, you could name it "Enoch". He is the only person God ever took alive. LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
If it's unsalvagable, you could name it "Enoch". He is the only person God ever took alive. LOL
not to be a stickler, but Elijah was taken in a fiery chariot, and then there was this other guy who ascended after his resurrection....what was his name again?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
I guess my advice wasn't good enough for you? Maybe I should have offered a dollar instead.

huh?

I took the entire fusebox apart today, and spent over an hour blow drying harnesses and plugs with compressed air.....
That seems to me to be very similar to your suggestion, although you mentioned a special spray, which Id love to know the name of.

not sure what you meant by your comment.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks.
I'll make sure to comment on your posts from now on, even though you didn't feel like wading through everyone elses. Lol.

That spray should come in handy.
I'll search it out this Sunday when I get time to work on it.

Does anyone have any oil or tranny fluid suggestions?
Gonna shoot for that Sunday too, weather permitting.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.
I'll make sure to comment on your posts from now on, even though you didn't feel like wading through everyone elses. Lol.

That spray should come in handy.
I'll search it out this Sunday when I get time to work on it.

Does anyone have any oil or tranny fluid suggestions?
Gonna shoot for that Sunday too, weather permitting.
Only one. Drain and refill. Since you dont know the internall condition at this time use a high quality break-in oil. It will contain higher phosphourus as well as other metals/lubricants that can give you that little extra edge of protection until you can get it running and feel everything out.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I wouldnt do anything expensive like royal purple until you know itll be the final time putting it in, might as well save as much money as possible

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?