Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
anybody know where the computer is on this thing?
Would it do any goo do pressure wash the Jeep and engine si I can see better what Im working on?
Or would I just be soaking everything Ive been waiting to dry out?
The computer is probably tucked up under your dash or up under the middle console somewhere. I would start there and then work my way out .
Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would it do any goo do pressure wash the Jeep and engine si I can see better what Im working on?
On my 07 the ECU (brain) is mounted in the engine bay rearward of the drivers side headlight. It has three giant wiring harness plugs leading into it. I'd start by cleaning/drying this out.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, it's right behind the washer tank. It's that silver box with like 4 big plugs goin in it. You can't miss it.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

i like the power wash dirrection. not only will it make it 1000x nicer to work on, but you'll clean some of the chit that might be in contacts. with the batt out you can't hurt it any more. i've done this a few times with an old radio i had in a jeep ... went from totaly dead to fully functioning 3x before it was finaly actually finished.

also, worst case dude ... breakage is natures way of tellin you to upgrade!! rip out every wire in that biatch, drop in a gm 5.3 with a stand-alone ECU and an NV4500 (or 700r4 with a shift-kit). buy some new Auto-Meter gauges, and a painless generic wiring kit to hook up all the lights n jazz. this i've concidered doing anyways since 8 > 6 and stand-alone > CANbus.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 6DoF
i like the power wash dirrection. not only will it make it 1000x nicer to work on, but you'll clean some of the chit that might be in contacts. with the batt out you can't hurt it any more. i've done this a few times with an old radio i had in a jeep ... went from totaly dead to fully functioning 3x before it was finaly actually finished.

also, worst case dude ... breakage is natures way of tellin you to upgrade!! rip out every wire in that biatch, drop in a gm 5.3 with a stand-alone ECU and an NV4500 (or 700r4 with a shift-kit). buy some new Auto-Meter gauges, and a painless generic wiring kit to hook up all the lights n jazz. this i've concidered doing anyways since 8 > 6 and stand-alone > CANbus.
Its all about the money though man. If money werent the case, I'D open up a can of natures woop ass on mine and then use it as an excuse to upgrade
Old 11-12-2009, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Long Life for Tonka
hope she get well
Old 11-12-2009, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Its all about the money though man. If money werent the case, I'D open up a can of natures woop ass on mine and then use it as an excuse to upgrade
i agree, and why mine will only see light blue-trail rock at the MOST. i have a beater for the blacks and reds

however once this deap in the hole ... might as well climb out on a good ladder!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

all the dash lights come on, and it dings to tell you the key is on.
thats it.
If it helps..when mine was hydrolocked, everytime I tried starting it I could hear 1 click (coming from somewhere underneath the jeep)....It would not turn over at all.

Good luck.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

I don't believe that motor issues are my problem at this point. The engine turns freely, so it would seem the engine is not locked.
The clicking is all from the fusebox, nothing underneath.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Bub
JK Enthusiast

Default Tonka

------------ I took my 6 year old to Shiloh Ridge.
Our intention was to get some cool pics of a muddy Nack.-------------

As I see it the mission is accomplished. You got the coolest pics imaginable and you took your 6 yeat old to share in the carnage. Man, that's as good as it gets. If anyone thinks they can top what you've posted they're crazy and they should prove it by trying and of course posting their lame results.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?