Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crash, just a suggestion. I think you need to swing on Camps nuts and get the engine he just took out of the Linx. If it is indeed hyd locked and ruined. It only had like 2000 miles on a brand new stock engine and transmission. What the hell its not a Hemi, but it can't be worth much sitting on someones shop floor. If your with him now make your deal man. One mans junk is another mans treasure! Hell you guys are so tight maybe he will install it for you!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Crash, I have always enjoyed reading your posts, as well as many others on this thread. I would have never attempted that crossing, but such is life. I hope you get back into the game soon.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Omaha
Preamble aside, a question if the OP will humor me: if the Jeep was moving incredibly slowly, how did it get muddy all the way to the very top (and presumably over the top)?
everyone here is always welcome to ask me anything.
i will always answer the best i can.

1. the jeep is relatively clean from the door handles up.
i can still see yellow and black. (those who know me know what i mean. we didnt get nearly as muddy as we planned)

2. just because i was going slow in these photos does not mean i had gone slow all day. i had climbed rocks slowly, then tore through the sand pit. i raced through the shallow mud, then crawled/floated through the deep stuff.

well, im headed across town to SEMA.
All of you guys and gals have fun with my thread.
no telling when ill take time to respond this weekend.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 11-05-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
everyone here is always welcome to ask me anything.
i will always answer the best i can.

1. the jeep is relatively clean from the door handles up.
i can still see yellow and black. (those who know me know what i mean. we didnt get nearly as muddy as we planned)

2. just because i was going slow in these photos does not mean i had gone slow all day. i had climbed rocks slowly, then tore through the sand pit. i raced through the shallow mud, then crawled/floated through the deep stuff.

well, im headed across town to SEMA.
All of you guys and gals have fun with my thread.
no telling when ill take time to respond this weekend.
Crash have a great time out there. Live it up and don't sweat the Tonka till you get back.
Response to #1 if you can still see any color on the Tonka besides mud brown then for Crash its CLEAN. I know Crash and have wheeled with him several times. This man is ALL or NOTHING. Those of you bashing him for being "unsafe" or dogging him for not knowing that water will hurt electrical stuff on his jeep. Do yall realize he is a GROWN ASS MAN????? That has come up with some cool ass ideas I am sure at least of couple ppl on this board have used? To question him about why he did what he did is silly. What did you go rock crawling and break an axel for? Some have there JKs for Mall Crawling and some like Tonka are for whatever he wants to get it into.

I will wheel with ya anytime I can Crash. Maybe not into the pond but anywhere else. Have fun at SEMA.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKDinker
Crash, just a suggestion. I think you need to swing on Camps nuts and get the engine he just took out of the Linx. If it is indeed hyd locked and ruined. It only had like 2000 miles on a brand new stock engine and transmission. What the hell its not a Hemi, but it can't be worth much sitting on someones shop floor. If your with him now make your deal man. One mans junk is another mans treasure! Hell you guys are so tight maybe he will install it for you!
I second this. . .

Buy Camp a few beers, sit down, have a chat, and see what kind of deal you two can work out. Can never hurt to ask right?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as far as i am concerned-how do u know how far u can push a machine before it breaks..

..someone has to go past that point to determine it.

sometimes that person is me.
this time it was AlmightyCrash...

that is chrysler makes replacement parts and new jeeps.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Wow, way to take your Jeep to the limit and have great pictures to show for it. I hope I can take my son on adventures like that one day. Hope you get it fixed quick, I went nuts not having my Jeep for a few days. Good luck on the Hemi swap
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Today I start work on the Jeep.
Wish me luck.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Jedi

Hang in there Crash...
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck!

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?