Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

first, to each his own....... I much rather wheel every weekend as I often do, than just one weekend and then spend a long time trying to fix my jeep but maybe that's just me I guess we all see this sport differently, defiant yes, risky yes, dangerous? very often, but I've never thought of wheeling as doing stupid things. "hey what are you gonna do this weekend?" "I'm gonna go do stupid things in my jeep" wait........... I can't it's in the shop I'm just stating my opinion, as opposed to cool, way to go that is great, I wish I could do that! in the end I don't really care.

Last edited by robin; 11-04-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LD50
I can only hope that when I kill my jeep I am doing it in a way that will rank up there to be crash worthy good luck on getting it running again so u can do it all over
seriously? when did driving into a muddy pond became soooo cool, you want to top it off look for a cliff
Old 11-04-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know what people are talking about here, offroading is about making it where your buddies cant or wont go.

Crash..... I would have hit that puddle/pond too!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW

I must have been really close to doing the same thing.. (My front Xenon flare was completely underwater) Every light on my dash came on.. but after shutting it off for a few minutes, everything came back to normal after starting it back up. (and clearing 3 engine codes with the procal)

Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Crash, you should have posted the first picture in the series, then folks would have understood how you could have ended up in the middle of that "puddle"

Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

Crash... sorry to see your Jeep sitting there in that pond. Glad you and your Son are ok. That is most important...

On another note, I know you had a ton of time, energy, and dollars put into your Jeep, as alot of us do. I am bummed for ya...

Look forward to seeing you back on the road soon...

Sincerely,
Vince
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think its funny and horrible that crash had to explain that he was actually using his Jeep........

He had fun...... no one got hurt.... get off his ass ..
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I feel bad that you destroyed the Jeep and it is really nothing I would ever do myself in mine BUT if you are ok with it, who else should care? You had fun, your boy had fun, and the Jeep is a material item. The memories you gave your son will stay with him forever making the entire experience priceless.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maddygirl
The memories you gave your son will stay with him forever making the entire experience priceless.

I would have tried this water hole
Old 11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like a good time was had by all.

I dont know taken the precautionary measures or not but so everyone reading this knows that just putting a snorkel on your Jeep will not make it so you have no problems with your jeep after going through deep water. All of your breather lines need to be extended and EVERYTHING electrical (at least on the engine/drivetrain) will need to be siliconed at the connection points.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?