Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

corn in my airbox

Old 03-16-2010, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corn in my airbox

so for the past week my jeep has been running really well with loads of power and increased gas mileage. i was struggling to find out why because i had not done anything to it. then last night i found out what it was...and it doesnt cost that much at all. apparently the hamsters that power the little 3.8L motors we have were starving and dont get enough power from gas alone. to really get their hamster wheels spinning fast all you need to do put some corn in your airbox.....

a few months ago it was dog food...now corn??? i have a dog so the kibbles and bits was explainable. as for the corn...no idea where it came from.... i started doing some covert ops and put out traps and an IR motion camera to catch the little guy in action with no luck yet.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

That is bizarre.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, hopefully he prefers the corn over wiring harness. Done a couple harnesses for rodents!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

You sir, have a mouse. Do you have the hood insulation? If so that is probably where the little beasty has made a home. Get yourself one of those sticky traps and put it in the airbox. Make sure it is taped down and you will get him eventually.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

did you add a turbo gerbil to your jeep? hampsters don't like corn but gerbils do.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

it increased your mpg, where can i get one

seriously though hope you get this taken care of before he starts chewing something important. get a snorkel that will keep him out
Old 03-16-2010, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry, this is funny........
Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mice are always storing corn. Happened to all of my old Jeeps, but funny enough... NEVER on either of my WRXs.

Must be a Jeep thing, and they understand.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Dealer told me I had a mouse nest in my airbox. I laughed and didn't really believe them... how they hell do they get up and into there?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepPilot88
Dealer told me I had a mouse nest in my airbox. I laughed and didn't really believe them... how they hell do they get up and into there?
My first vehicle was an old Bronco II that had sat for nearly a year out in a field. When we first fired it up it wouldn't stay running until we got in and held the gas down. Come to find out a family of mice built a nest in the exhaust and had a pleasant surprise when we blasted em out of there.

Quick Reply: corn in my airbox