Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Corbeau GTSII Seat Install

Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau GTSII Seat Install

I ordered some Corbeau GTSII seats in black leather from ORW. They were nice enough to give me the JK-Forum discount which helped

I decided on the GTIIs over the A4s that I was considering because the GTSIIs look classier, and more stock-ish. I didn't really want to go for the "race car" look of the A4s. And I don't really see myself using a harness in the Jeep so the A4 did not offer any more utility. Also, the A4 is smaller, which i might have liked, but not everyone is as skinny as me. The A4s fit up to 34" waist, the GTSIIs 36". I'm at 30".

I also got the Corbeau seat brackets so the install was fairly easy. Getting the stock seats out wasn't too bad except for the rear bolts. It was difficult to use my breaker bar since there wasn't much room and the bolts were so low. An impact wrench would have been very useful. I also stripped the Torx bolt on the drivers side seatbelt buckle. So I had to dremel it off and replace it. Overall it took me about 4 hours to do everything. It could probably be done in 2 or less if you have an impact wrench and you don't strip anything.

Overall, the seats feel really good. Much more supportive than stock. Comparable to stock Mistubishi Evo 9 Recaro seats that I've sat in. Much better than most stock "bucket" seats (like a Mini Coopers) but not comparable to a fixed back race seat. There is a significant amount of bolstering on your thighs and a good amount for your ribs. It's definitely enough to keep you from moving around too much in the turns. I know a lot of Jeep owners don't drive hard on the street, but I do. But obviously this will be more useful going high speed in the desert. I like them and it was worth the money for me, but then I can't really speak for everyone since my intended use is different from most.

Now, on to the best part --

Phone for reference (Moto Atrix):

Me for reference (5'8" 135lbs):
Old 10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Damn those are sweet.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A-Train
Damn those are sweet.
What he said! NICE!

Seriously considering seats like that.... even for rock crawling. Probably since I drive a manual so I can't anchor with my left foot. A more rigid position would be good.

Found them here - actually less expensive than I expected http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/gts_ii/

Last edited by BigMAK1; 10-19-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice choice. Those look awesome.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price on these? And install was easy I take it?

Nice Ubuntu logo you got.
<--- Maverick Meerkat
Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Second on the price. And what kind of discount do they offer? I didint know they offered such a thing. That will make it easier when buying some Corbeau.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

ORW will give you approximately a 10% discount off MSRP. Not sure exactly how they work it out. But I got the seats and the brackets for less than $1,400.

The MSRP is about $1350 without shipping or taxes for leather seats.

For cloth you are looking at about $1000 MSRP. But I got the leather for 2 reasons. First, it doesn't have a logo and looks classier. Second, it's more durable because wont soak up water or fade from UV as easily as cloth.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

To the OP...

Is the seating height the same or close to stock at "full up" option with the Corbeau brackets?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the base model, so my seats did not go up and down. But the height is very close to what my seats were at stock. Maybe the base models at their heights are the same as the adjustable seats at "full up" but I dont know.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what EDC knife are you carrying in that last pic...

Quick Reply: Corbeau GTSII Seat Install