Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Cool or what

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012
True. Just trying to hope we haven't lost another one to the mall parking lots..
This one has been lost a long time ago. It’s not even a mall parking lot Jeep it’s a beach cruiser. I don’t even think it’s ever touched sand. On Miami Beach you are not allowed to drive on the beach.

But I still think it's pretty cool. not for me but for me to look at.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by holy_crap
Very retro early CJ5 look. Also reminds me of an early Jeepster Commando

My dad actually had one of these.
Wow you are right. I thought I have seen it before.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by valfam
This one has been lost a long time ago. It’s not even a mall parking lot Jeep it’s a beach cruiser. I don’t even think it’s ever touched sand. On Miami Beach you are not allowed to drive on the beach.

But I still think it's pretty cool. not for me but for me to look at.
I'm thinking this guy knew enough about Jeeps to want to make his look like a Jeepster. And if he is in to moding his Jeep that much, he probably takes it off road, or at least did in the past.

The Jeep experience is not only about going off road, but about the doorless/topless experience. The are a lot of guys that take their Jeeps off road but never take the doors/top off. They are really missing out.

I think it looks bad ass.

And as far as safety - based on the crashes I've worked over the years, a high speed roll over or side impact does not seem to work out well for the person in the Wrangler. Could just be the ones I've seen though.

Last edited by hurstrescue; 04-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wired
The "sport bars" are not a roll cage, and would not do very much to save tour bacon.
Looks good, but I use my roll bar to tie my dog up.
I humbly disagree!! My roll bar savied my bacon after being t-boned and rolled 3 times!!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scooby snacks

I humbly disagree!! My roll bar savied my bacon after being t-boned and rolled 3 times!!
Amen brotha!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Thing looks plenty capable to go trail riding and also enjoy some beautiful weather. I personally wouldn't take the bars off of my Jeep since I like the look, but I also like this guys setup. Not every Jeep is some extreme rock crawler and I like it that way.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scooby snacks

Glad you came out of that in one piece. I was saying that, because I believe the wrangler has 2 out of 5 stars for collision safety rating. I may be wrong, but the roll bars are not called "roll bars" by Chrysler.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldn't do it to mine but, I like it.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Nope. Removing the roll bars is like putting on a new grill that doesn't have 7 slots. Some things you just don't mess with.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not a fan without the roll cage. Which brings me to my next comment...I hope you NEVER roll it. If you do, you and anyone with you will surely die a horrible death.

Quick Reply: Cool or what