Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Converta top solution....

Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this only for two doors? i attempted it on my unlimited, but it wasnt having it.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, that is awesome! We made a 5 hour trip couple weeks ago with no doors, windows and soft-top up and the sails were like parachutes, was wishing I had a bikini top. Thanks for the post, think I'll try that this weekend
Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mr. T
holy crap i love it! i do not like the way the rear panels "flap" at speed when the window panels are all out...
guess there is a run to depot coming later on today...

i don't need the cloverpatch thing, right? all i need are a couple of straps to tension the rear corners, and then roll the flaps under the roll bars?

That's it, just velcro/bungee the flaps up there too.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

My soft-top frame is rubbing on itself like a hyper grasshopper. It's on both sides close to where the arms connect to the rollbar. I have the thumbscrews, and that's the actual part that's doing the rubbing. It produces quite the annoying squeek over each and any bump.

This only rubs when I have the top folded up like this.. I'm curious if i'm doing something different, or if it's just the thumb-screws screwing me.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

why do you need to have the straps connecting the frame to the body? wont the wind keep it down? is there really a chance of the back section flipping up over itself?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stevedolce
why do you need to have the straps connecting the frame to the body? wont the wind keep it down? is there really a chance of the back section flipping up over itself?
These straps "replace" the tension created by the sail panels. Without them, there is a lot of slack flopping in the top.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BaltChief
As many have noted it is almost impossible to fold or roll the flaps into the pockets of the convertatop and make them stay. I am also not too thrilled with bending the rigid support inside the panel.

After a little thought I came up with a solution that worked great for me. I have driven as fast as 65 and still no problems.

The new look....I think it looks better too!

up close...

and inside.....I just tucked the flaps up and velcroed them around the bar.

and the finnished product....

Does your top have the hard inserts for the sail panel or softones?

Quick Reply: Converta top solution....