Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Converta top solution....

Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converta top solution....

As many have noted it is almost impossible to fold or roll the flaps into the pockets of the convertatop and make them stay. I am also not too thrilled with bending the rigid support inside the panel.

After a little thought I came up with a solution that worked great for me. I have driven as fast as 65 and still no problems.

The new look....I think it looks better too!

up close...

and inside.....I just tucked the flaps up and velcroed them around the bar.

and the finnished product....

Old 05-04-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was curious if it was possible to just fold the sailpanels up somewhere, rather than rolling/folding them. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, Thanks Cincy for the link to this thread and BaltChief for the idea..

As you can read in the clovertop thread, I'm hating mine after day two for not staying in the pouches. I will try to copy this idea tonight or tomorrow..

I need to check the weather though, as I remember some rain forcasted a some point this week.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

so I have seen alot of people doing this latey. why dont yall just leave the sail panels cliped in to the rail??? thats what I do when I run the top that way.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TexasTj
so I have seen alot of people doing this latey. why dont yall just leave the sail panels cliped in to the rail??? thats what I do when I run the top that way.
I went for it because mine are flappy and loud. I found with them folded up and out of the way, visibility is better too.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

I took my windows and doors off this weekend and used flat bungie cords to hold up the corner flaps.

This works SOOOO much better than the damn clover pockets I wasted money on. Not only is it 10 times quicker, but looks 11 times better in the end.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by putnam dan
what are you using, and how are you attaching them to give tension in the rear corners?
I ordered the Cloverpatch top for it but the back panels don't fold and stay in the pouches provided. I do still use the straps that came with the cloverpatch to keep tension on the top. You could easily go to Home Depot and get some strap with adjustable buckles and make your own cheap.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BaltChief
I ordered the Cloverpatch top for it but the back panels don't fold and stay in the pouches provided. I do still use the straps that came with the cloverpatch to keep tension on the top. You could easily go to Home Depot and get some strap with adjustable buckles and make your own cheap.
ditto

(anyone remember ditto machines?)((post was too short with just ditto))
Old 05-30-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

looks good to me.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im going to have to try this when i get out of work tonight...

Quick Reply: Converta top solution....