Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

convert to 5x5.5

Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convert to 5x5.5

So my font end exploded, I'm the victim of the weak tubes of the front dana 44.
I'm going to put in a rock jock in the front end.
Here is my problem. The rock jock is 5x5.5 (new wheels are going to be needed too). I'm keeping my dana 44 in the rear and probably going to be putting in the superior cromolly shafts because you can get them in 5x5.5. I guess I'll need to brake rotors. Anyone know what part number i need for brake rootors that are the same demensions as the jk but with 5x5.5 pattern?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by w.wood jeepster
So my font end exploded, I'm the victim of the weak tubes of the front dana 44.
I'm going to put in a rock jock in the front end.
Here is my problem. The rock jock is 5x5.5 (new wheels are going to be needed too). I'm keeping my dana 44 in the rear and probably going to be putting in the superior cromolly shafts because you can get them in 5x5.5. I guess I'll need to brake rotors. Anyone know what part number i need for brake rootors that are the same demensions as the jk but with 5x5.5 pattern?
You can have your brake rotors drilled out.

Thats what i did for my rears when I installed the Spyntec kit from Solid Axle. I believe they sell brake rotors already done.

To my knowledge theres not a disc the matches the demensions of the JK's.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean by "front end exploded"? Did the tubes bend causing something to break, or was it the locker, or axle shaft, or something that is easier to fix than just replacing the whole thing?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
What do you mean by "front end exploded"? Did the tubes bend causing something to break, or was it the locker, or axle shaft, or something that is easier to fix than just replacing the whole thing?
The axle tube fractured in two between the passenger upper and lower control arm mounts. I've seen pictures of it on this forum before. i think it happend to Trail bud's jeep. Since I added this aftermarket in my sahara it is not under warrenty.
As far as I know the diff/locker etc are still good.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

It should be under a warranty against manufacturers defect for 12 months since it was bought aftermarket. This has happened before and has always been taken care of as a "manufacturers defect" since it could bend from jumping, etc... but never snap.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

It should be under a warranty against manufacturers defect for 12 months since it was bought aftermarket. This has happened before and has always been taken care of as a "manufacturers defect" since it could bend from jumping, etc... but never snap.
he installed the rubicon 44. No warranty
Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
he installed the rubicon 44. No warranty
Yup, when you buy these there is a big disclamier--NO WARRANTY. I took a chance since it was such a good deal. I knew about these defects when I bought it, Just thougth I wouldn't happen to me.
Watch your front dana 44's boys and girls!!!

Anyone interested in 5.13 gears and a front dana 44 mopar elocker
Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

it happened to my sahara as well!!! and after they fixed it it never was the same so i traded for a rubicon and no problems!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

I just called my local dealership and they said there is only a warranty for 12 months 12,000 miles against manufacturer defect. With the tube breaking I would call that manufacturer defect. They went on to say that when it says ?No Warranty" on the Mopar performance parts that is in relation to the bumper to bumper warranty, or premature wear, etc...
Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just called my local dealership and they said there is only a warranty for 12 months 12,000 miles against manufacturer defect. With the tube breaking I would call that manufacturer defect. They went on to say that when it says ?No Warranty" on the Mopar performance parts that is in relation to the bumper to bumper warranty, or premature wear, etc...
With 35 inch tires, and new gears installed, I'm sure there going to give me the run around. Besides i don't really want to put another one in my jeep. Thanks for your effort though. When you see one break as i did, and it takes 6hrs to get off the trail with the thing strapped together, it makes me not want to go there again. Besides, i've got new pinion yolks etc on there and i certainly don't want to invest any more money in something that could be a potential "future manufatur defect"

Besides, the wife was driving when it happended and the RockJocks look really, really, cool!!!!! it's only money.

So back on topic, anyone know where I can get JK rotors with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

Quick Reply: convert to 5x5.5