Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Concealed Carry Holder

Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. I dont wanna attack anyone and i am not a know it all but that being said, i know you wrote in your intial post about having your sig hid when your top and doors are off. If thats the case it is a really stupid idea, so deal with it and move on. Its your post and thats my 2cents. Answer me this, what is the reason for the need to retrieve it quickly? Are zombies coming to attack you? I dont get it.

Last edited by EarlyJk; 11-18-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chris I totally agree with you I would like a tuffy but you know how it is money is the issue I am not saying that this is the best place for fast access by any means!! If I had my way I would probably make a spring loaded holder that came out of the front of my drivers seat but I can't sew and well I like to keep it simple. I live by a moto KISS (keep it simple stupid) I try not to overcomplicate my life. Believe me I am quite capable of designing a over complicated piece of art work but I think it will do for now thanks guys!!! Oh and one more moto I live by with guns ( better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it)
Old 11-18-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crazyloggy
Chris I totally agree with you I would like a tuffy but you know how it is money is the issue I am not saying that this is the best place for fast access by any means!! If I had my way I would probably make a spring loaded holder that came out of the front of my drivers seat but I can't sew and well I like to keep it simple. I live by a moto KISS (keep it simple stupid) I try not to overcomplicate my life. Believe me I am quite capable of designing a over complicated piece of art work but I think it will do for now thanks guys!!! Oh and one more moto I live by with guns ( better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it)
Lol. Says John Wayne. You should live by the Gump Rule "Stupid is as Stupid Does"
Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chris I totally agree with you I would like a tuffy but you know how it is money is the issue I am not saying that this is the best place for fast access by any means!! If I had my way I would probably make a spring loaded holder that came out of the front of my drivers seat but I can't sew and well I like to keep it simple.
If you ever do make one of those spring loaded jobbies, make a duplicate and send it to me.....

Oh and one more moto I live by with guns ( better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it)
You will never get an argument from me on that point. You may carry a gun 24/7, but the one day you don't will inevitably be the day you'll need it. If I go through life never having to draw and fire my weapon in anger, I will be a happy man. But I damn well sure will always have it with me should I ever actually have to.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok earlyJK since you know it all why don't you know how to read? If you would just read my post you would have read I carry my sig with me almost everywhere I go except at work and there is no worry about it getting stolen there. Why do people like you even bother getting out of bed in the morning it must be a waste of your time since your the smartest person in the world! I mean why are you even wasting your time on a forum you should just write a book telling us the stupid people we are how to mod our Rigs hell can someone pm me I think I forgot how to breath. All joking aside in what state do you live that a victim of a theft will be held liable for the crime his stolen gun was used in? Quit being a troll, trust me I could give a crap less what you think. As I think is the general consensus of this thread am I wrong folks?
I am very aware of my rights as a gun owner and how and where I am able to carry my weapon. As for the flimsy compartment I am keeping it in it's better than the previous spot under the seat lol! To all the people that like it thanks I think it's a good spot for my sig and if I add anything to it I'll let you know a cover would be nice though just need to figure out how make it a quick relese!
If my concern was fast, safe access to my concealed weapon it would be on my person. END OF STORY... For safe placement/storage while I was at work (if you can't bring it into work) would be in my gun safe at home or at the least would be a tuffy lock box under the seat. Several folks have replied to your post that they thought it wasn't a good idea to put it there either for quick access or for safe keeping both of which you claim is your reason for the mod.

Your angry, knee jerk response to someone voicing their opionion to something you posted on a public internet forum, including that it works for topless storage (which im my opinion as well that it doesn't even come close to that) makes me question you having a concealed weapon permit to begin with.

If you are mad he didn't think your mod was COOL or that it was NEAT how you got it to fit there get over yourself.

If you can't afford a tuffy lock box what are you doing with an expensive side arm and the ammo that goes in it? That's where you choose to be cheap??? Come on man.

Last edited by Dylanjam77; 11-18-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well early have you ever had a knife pulled on you in a parking lot wanting you car? No? I have. Luckily I was able to drive off but what happens If I was blocked in? Now I'm not a little guy I'm 6' 215lbs and it's not fat, But I can't stop a bullet. I guess early if it's your opinion guns aren't needed you can keep your 2 cents and I'll give you a quarter to call someone who cares, or maybe a dollar to buy a clue.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dylan I do keep my gun on me almost all the time, and no I can't carry at work and yes I do leave my gun in my JK while at work and in the summer my top is off I drive my Jeep to work hints the gun in the compartment, if I left it at home what good is it doing there? Yea a tuffy would be great but this costed me $0 to make. As for my response to trolls that just want to start shit, well I just am not the kind of person that let's anyone talk down to me. If you can look your self in the mirror after backing down from a idiot well good for you mother Teresa I can't! So goodnight to my friends and I'm loving all the negatives it's fun to hear the sound of ignorance NOT!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chrislee your a good man, I'll keep you up on the spring loaded holster
Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

EarlyJK, I've been a cop for 20 years and I am baffled by your point of view. Why would you demean a citizen for arming himself? Why does the citizen need to be responsible for the actions of a criminal? That is the point of view the liberal anti-gun groups use to eleviate criminals from responsibility and putting the pressure on the law biding citizen. Screw the criminals. If a criminal steals a gun and that gun gets used in a crime it is NOT the fault of the citizen. If liberals would stop fighting for criminal rights and start supporting citizen rights, we'd be able to put the pressure back where it belongs...on the criminal!

In New Mexico, a man's vehicle is an extension of his home. As such, the weapon can be transported in the vehicle anyway one would wish. The laws you speak of are the exact reason I will not move to your part of the country. I'm not likely to visit either, knowing that the criminals majority of concealed carrying individuals. A citizen has the right and responsibility to protect themself. Do you really want the responsibility of being everywhere, at all hours of the day, to protect everyone? That's an impossibility...

I am so very tired of liberals taking pity on the criminals and burdening the citizens with their hair-brained schemes to shift responsibility. I live in a state that has concealed carry and I support every law-biding citizen's right to carry! I have no fear of being shot by the concealed carry citizen. It's the criminal with the P.O.S. raven .25 that has me concerned...

I think the concealed pistol is a nice option. I will agree with those that have issue with the plastic console's construction (and security). But in a vehicle with locked doors, alarm set and console secured it is a diligent effort to keep a weapon in the possession of the owner. I wonder how this would work with a Tuffy Insert..??? I have the Tuffy Under Seat security drawer. I like it a lot for it's out of clear view location and the quality construction. I used a Tuffy Bolt Lock on the inside seat mount bolt to add a little more theft resistance.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well early have you ever had a knife pulled on you in a parking lot wanting you car? No? I have. Luckily I was able to drive off but what happens If I was blocked in? Now I'm not a little guy I'm 6' 215lbs and it's not fat, But I can't stop a bullet. I guess early if it's your opinion guns aren't needed you can keep your 2 cents and I'll give you a quarter to call someone who cares, or maybe a dollar to buy a clue.
Soooo, with a knife to your throat you still think you have time to unlock your center console and get the gun out BEFORE he did something, like, I dunno, slit your throat?

I have to agree with everyone here: it is cool, but needs improvement. If you did that in a tuffy console, that'd be awesome. However, just get a lock box for 1/4 of the price. Or, just carry it on you.

If you don't believe no one will steal anything while you're at work ... And yet you brag about almost being carjacked? I worked at a private software company and we had radios stolen. Our parking lot faced the highway, our shipping room window etc and still things were stolen. Doesn't take long at all, and once they have your gun, you're screwed.

Oh, don't forget the rapes at Disney behind security guards, barbed wire fences etc. One girl pulled a gun, but it wasn't from her center console. (she got fired btw for having her gun there)

To answer your earlier question, here in Florida you ARE responsible for what happens with YOUR gun even if you're not the one firing it.

Btw, I have had to pull my gun. Only once though, and if it had been in the center console, it would have been useless. You're far more likely to be mugged entering your car, than being in your car.

So again, yes, it's cool, but not effective enough. You said you need quick access, therefore you expect to have need of it WHILE it's in the console. So maybe you should work on rewording what you want to say rather than complain that someone actually read what you said and replied to it. So if you need quick access, keep it on you. If you're storing it while at work, get the lock box and just put it back on you when you enter your jeep.

Feel free to whine and yell at me.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry Holder