Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Concealed Carry Holder

Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyloggy
Ok earlyJK for one I'm not a moron I have a lifetime concealed weapons permit! To everyone that is worried about it getting stollen about the only time it's not on me is when I'm at work. I do agree it to the cover I just can't think of a way to make it functionally fast incase of a need.

I'll do a quick run through on the process. First I fit the gun in the console and traced the butt of the gun ( the portion to be cut out) this will be different for every gun obviously. I used a multi master to cut it out( that's the tool reverberates to cut). After I had it cut out where it fits I used a file and a sander to smooth out the edges. Then using rubber drawer liner like the stuff you put on the bottom of a tool chest, cut it to fit and sprayed both surfaces with 3M high strength spray adhesive. After placing the liner in and letting it dry I had a vibration resistant and protected surface for the gun to sit on. Then you need to find a piece of firm rubber to support the barrel against the side of the console, use a dry wall screw to secure it. Now on to the holding device, I used a lock out tag out clasp. I will take a picture of one not cut up so you know what to buy. I bent it in a vice to get the size and shape I needed it to be so that it will hold it tight. It took me 45 minutes to make it and find stuff to use. I have a bad habit of just cutting before I find all the stuff I'm going to use, it makes it more fun for me to improvise!
No disrespect but as the above has stated it is something you may want to check into. It is a bad spot to place your weapon because the main bolts holdin your weapon in your rig are flimsy and you do know you are responsible for what happens to your weapon after it gets stolen. This is why permits should be more stringent, some people don' t think things out. No disrespect but ive been in law enforcement for over 10 years and ive seen lots of stupid.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a concealed carry permit, in most states you can carry it wherever you deem necessary...jacket, pants, underwear, jk console...

All the here-say doesn't do any one any good. It's so easy to check state carry laws, including reciprocity: http://www.handgunlaw.us/

In Indiana, as you probably know crazyloggy, without a permit its illegal to carry any loaded handgun in a vehicle. With your permit you can store it legally in your vehicle any where you like.

Slick mod.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JRockman
If you have a concealed carry permit, in most states you can carry it wherever you deem necessary...jacket, pants, underwear, jk console...

All the here-say doesn't do any one any good. It's so easy to check state carry laws, including reciprocity: http://www.handgunlaw.us/

In Indiana, as you probably know crazyloggy, without a permit its illegal to carry any loaded handgun in a vehicle. With your permit you can store it legally in your vehicle any where you like.

Slick mod.
But it doesnt give you the right to be irresponsible. Which hiding a sig in a filmsy center console is. Good luck with those 4 bolts, hope you dont end up having your gun stolen and used in a crime/murder, itll be on your conscience.

Last edited by EarlyJk; 11-18-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
No disrespect but as the above has stated it is something you may want to check into. It is a bad spot to place your weapon because the main bolts holdin your weapon in your rig are flimsy and you do know you are responsible for what happens to your weapon after it gets stolen. This is why permits should be more stringent, some people don' t think things out. No disrespect but ive been in law enforcement for over 10 years and ive seen lots of stupid.
I have to agree that I would not leave my weapon there, but this has nothing to do with how stringent the carry permit process is. I have seen Police officers do some pretty stupid stuff with their weapons as well and they are supposed to have the training to know better.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

I have to agree that I would not leave my weapon there, but this has nothing to do with how stringent the carry permit process is. I have seen Police officers do some pretty stupid stuff with their weapons as well and they are supposed to have the training to know better.
Agree. Its amazing what some officers think they can do just because they wear a badge. Regardless placing a sig in that spot with " doors an top off " is not a bright idea. An i also question the need to have quick acess to a weapon while in the jeep itself. Where is he from Iraq?

Last edited by EarlyJk; 11-18-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like this thread went south. As for me, I like the hiding spot.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good spot, but i would conceal it even further with a cover. That said, I'll be the one to say that, tactically, that gun is useless there.If and when the sh*t hits the fan it will be fast and furious, and the best place for a weapon to be is on your person. Having to go into a locked compartment, when every second counts, can be disasterous for you.

Mine NEVER leaves my side. This, of course, assumes that your State allows such carry. If it does you are doing yourself a disservice by not having it on your person.

Just my .02 cents and that won't even buy you a cup of coffee.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok earlyJK since you know it all why don't you know how to read? If you would just read my post you would have read I carry my sig with me almost everywhere I go except at work and there is no worry about it getting stolen there. Why do people like you even bother getting out of bed in the morning it must be a waste of your time since your the smartest person in the world! I mean why are you even wasting your time on a forum you should just write a book telling us the stupid people we are how to mod our Rigs hell can someone pm me I think I forgot how to breath. All joking aside in what state do you live that a victim of a theft will be held liable for the crime his stolen gun was used in? Quit being a troll, trust me I could give a crap less what you think. As I think is the general consensus of this thread am I wrong folks?
I am very aware of my rights as a gun owner and how and where I am able to carry my weapon. As for the flimsy compartment I am keeping it in it's better than the previous spot under the seat lol! To all the people that like it thanks I think it's a good spot for my sig and if I add anything to it I'll let you know a cover would be nice though just need to figure out how make it a quick relese!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazyloggy
Ok earlyJK since you know it all why don't you know how to read? If you would just read my post you would have read I carry my sig with me almost everywhere I go except at work and there is no worry about it getting stolen there. Why do people like you even bother getting out of bed in the morning it must be a waste of your time since your the smartest person in the world! I mean why are you even wasting your time on a forum you should just write a book telling us the stupid people we are how to mod our Rigs hell can someone pm me I think I forgot how to breath. All joking aside in what state do you live that a victim of a theft will be held liable for the crime his stolen gun was used in? Quit being a troll, trust me I could give a crap less what you think. As I think is the general consensus of this thread am I wrong folks?
I am very aware of my rights as a gun owner and how and where I am able to carry my weapon. As for the flimsy compartment I am keeping it in it's better than the previous spot under the seat lol! To all the people that like it thanks I think it's a good spot for my sig and if I add anything to it I'll let you know a cover would be nice though just need to figure out how make it a quick relese!
My, my. If you want to hear only what YOU want to hear, then you may not want to post on an internet message board in the future. That said, your method of concealing it is ingenious and I'll give you kudos for that. I would try and make a concerted effort to try and bolster the locking mechanisms and bolts on the console in hopes of making it tougher to get into as one of the first places a thief will go to is that center console. The tuffy security console is also something you may consider, but it will cost some coin.

Last edited by ChrisLe; 11-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Have you considered something like this. It is more durable than the stock plastic lid. It cost a little more than your mod, but would give more peace of mind about leaving the pistol behind.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-185-1...le-insert.aspx

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry Holder