Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

coil overs

Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil overs

What are the differences between the orv coil overs front and rear and the outlaw offroad ones.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:02 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you are referring to the means upon how the coil overs are mounted on your jeep, both kits uses replacement towers up front. i personally like the ORE's setup better as it's super beefy and gets welded on to the frame. the other kit is a bolt on tube setup. in the rear, ORE uses an ingenious cantilever design (bolt on or weld on) that allows you to get maximum travel without having to cut into the body of your jeep or mount the coil overs well below the axle like the other kit requires. best part of the ORE kit is that the king coil over they use are custom valved and sprung specifically for their kit. once installed, you won't have any issues with your esp/bas system.

if you are the same george that i met the other day at ORE, i can assure you that you are getting a great setup and it's well worth the money.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOL, from the way the evo rear setup mounts, would you think it could be used with the atomic axles? I can't quite tell from the pictures if there is anything above the axle that might have clearance issues.
I know you can't give me 100% certainty necessarily, but figured it'd be better to ask somebody who's had their eyes on the setup in person numerous times.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JKBenB
WOL, from the way the evo rear setup mounts, would you think it could be used with the atomic axles? I can't quite tell from the pictures if there is anything above the axle that might have clearance issues.
I know you can't give me 100% certainty necessarily, but figured it'd be better to ask somebody who's had their eyes on the setup in person numerous times.
Thanks
honestly, i don't think so as the cantilever arms are mounted to the axle tube and the atomic axles are shaped so differently - but i can't say for sure. i suppose might be able to have off road evolution custom make brackets if they would fit.

Quick Reply: coil overs