Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Coil over system

Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hansen65
Hey WOL and Trail Bud, I heard rumors that the evo setup makes a lot of noise. I didn't notice this at Odessa but wondered how it is on and off road? I guess the concern is all the bushings squeaking (maybe in the rear lever setup)?
I've been running the EVO system for a year and it does not make noise. If there is noise coming from the suspension system the most likely source is the joints & bushings associated with the control arms. My experience is, if these joints & bushings are anything less than over lubricated, they will squeak
Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HeatTreater
There working on it but in true rock krawler tradition it's got to work right and not be the same old stuff that's already out there.
I like rock krawler and just bought their kit but I am not going to hold my breathe for them revolutionize the rear coilover setup on the JK. Ussually things happen in progressions, the wheel, the wagon, the automobile.....etc...... ORE already built the Ferrari Enzo of rear coilover systems for the jk. On the first try.. I think the only progressions from the evo system would be minor and likely just streamlining of the old design. Maybe an easier way to manufacture it, or a different bracket that made the shock cage stronger/lighter/cheaper or some thing. Pretty much every body wins for it too. Ussually when a new vehicle comes out companies put together parts for the sake of having SOMETHING to offer fools and their money, ORE put together a substantial suspension kit that performs wonderfully that maximizes your space as well as your dollar. Truly, this is some thing that should come from the factory. Hemi, d60's and evo lever is how it SHOULD have been offered.

Best of luck to Krawler though.....
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
I think your source may have been me. I thought it was the coil overs but I was informed that that was not the culprit. I apologize for mis-information. Even us toads can get it wrong occasionally.
Well I wasn't going to point any fingers but seeing as you outed yourself.....

TOAD DID IT IT WAS HER ITS ALL HER FAULT
Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

I have been running my 14" EVO coilovers and rear EVO system and don't have any noise either. I do have R.E. Longarms that have wiped out bushings though. Going to fix that real soon!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKDinker
I have been running my 14" EVO coilovers and rear EVO system and don't have any noise either. I do have R.E. Longarms that have wiped out bushings though. Going to fix that real soon!
No, no, say it ain't so. According to the RE guys on the forum the bushings never fail
Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

With 14-inches of travel the only noise I would hear is the sound of my own voice yelling woo-hoo!

But seriously, I have personally ridden in and been around a healthy number of EVO Lever equipped rigs and it is NOT a noise box.

Andrew and Mel both poor countless hours into fine tuning their suspension kits, and wouldn’t let a squeaky design flaw make it out of the shop.

It’s been my experience that when Jeep owners experience a heavy amount of squeaks and clanks, it’s due to poor maintenance or failing equipment.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

The sweetness.

Last edited by AM4W; 12-18-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

The setup pictured is just one of the many that I have pictures of.

Off Road Evolution will be installing my system at the first of the year.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

To date we have only put coil overs in JK's with wider than stock rear axles! This allows us to mount the coil overs out board the frame in the rear to provide even greater stability off road and improved handling. We are still working on options for those with stock width axles.

Rock Krawler
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
No, no, say it ain't so. According to the RE guys on the forum the bushings never fail
Ha! When I talked to them in Pomona show they said they had a bad batch of bushing. Send them back with a copy of the receipt and they will send out new ones. Labor is on you. F*ck that! Already heard they are splitting new ones also. I'm sure if I wasn't always in a hurry I would already have searched and found the tread that discussed this issue. Good news is I have my wife convinced that going with Mel's new longarm kit will never get us stuck. She says thats good news and great insurance when wheeling. Goes in Tuesday! She's bringing the check book and is very excited to write it. My Christmas present Ha! Now as long as Cindy or Lisa don't tell her next time we all drink I'm covered. lol!

Quick Reply: Coil over system