Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Coil over system

Old 12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this system work with most long arm kits or does it need to be the EVO long arm?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HeatTreater
There working on it but in true rock krawler tradition it's got to work right and not be the same old stuff that's already out there.
"same old stuff that's already out there" - LOL!!

well, you've set the bar and if they can deliver half as much as you seem to be promising, i'll be eager to see some hot new original stuff that's never been done before. sure hope they can put their money where your mouth is
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Sapp42790
so with the coil overs all the way extended how much lift is it equivalent to?
i'm not sure how to answer your question. with coilovers, you can actually have a much shorter lift while giving you extreme flex. for example, my jk sitting on 40" tires sits lower than a jk with a teraflex 4" long arm lift and 37's. and, it will out flex it as well.

Originally Posted by BonsaiMan
Will this system work with most long arm kits or does it need to be the EVO long arm?
yes. it will work with just about any long or short arm kit. in fact, prior to the fulltraction long arms i am running now, i was running this setup on teraflex short arms.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty much the only thing it wont work with is the rock krawler 3 link in the rear.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does any one have pictures of 14 inch coils with 37 inch tires fully stuffed in the front?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Hey WOL and Trail Bud, I heard rumors that the evo setup makes a lot of noise. I didn't notice this at Odessa but wondered how it is on and off road? I guess the concern is all the bushings squeaking (maybe in the rear lever setup)?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by style_front
Does any one have pictures of 14 inch coils with 37 inch tires fully stuffed in the front?
not with 14" coilovers but i do have some with the 12's and short arms if you're interested.

Originally Posted by hansen65
Hey WOL and Trail Bud, I heard rumors that the evo setup makes a lot of noise. I didn't notice this at Odessa but wondered how it is on and off road? I guess the concern is all the bushings squeaking (maybe in the rear lever setup)?
don't know where you've been hearing these "rumors" but, you saw our jk's in action and i would hope that would be proof enough for you discount them as being just that, "rumors". sure, i have seen/heard of a case where another shop totally screwed the install and that caused squeaking and an eventual break but, if properly installed and maintained, the evo lever will remain quite. to be honest, the same would apply to most aftermarket suspension componets regardless of who it's made by.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-17-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
not with 14" coilovers but i do have some with the 12's and short arms if you're interested.
Thats quite alright, thank you though.....
Old 12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
don't know where you've been hearing these "rumors" but, you saw our jk's in action and i would hope that would be proof enough for you discount them as being just that, "rumors". sure, i have seen/heard of a case where another shop totally screwed the install and that caused squeaking and an eventual break but, if properly installed and maintained, the evo lever will remain quite. to be honest, the same would apply to most aftermarket suspension componets regardless of who it's made by.
i have to say i have a reliable source (i thought ) who supposedly rode in your jeep on a trail once.

Last edited by hansen65; 12-17-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by style_front
If I can successfully get this pic here, it's what you are asking for.

Passenger front is stuffed as is driver rear. Driver front still has traction at full flex same for passenger rear. FYI - it's 6 ft. from the bottom of the tire to the bottom of the fender flare.

Last edited by 1 BAJK; 12-17-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Coil over system