Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Coil over system

Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOL have you ever though about lifting the body to give another inch of stuff? I don't know if you need any more lift per se but maybe you could split the difference with some coilover adjustments......
Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by style_front
WOL have you ever though about lifting the body to give another inch of stuff? I don't know if you need any more lift per se but maybe you could split the difference with some coilover adjustments......
actually, i had a 1" body lift but have since removed it to give me a lower stance. currently, i have my jk set at where i want it to be and have yet to come into a situation where i felt that i needed more.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
actually, i had a 1" body lift but have since removed it to give me a lower stance. currently, i have my jk set at where i want it to be and have yet to come into a situation where i felt that i needed more.
Do you have your springs set for the lowest ride height?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I certainly will not pretend to be an expert but if you could adjust your coils another inch and keep the Body lift it seems like you would effectively add another inch of stuff, whether you needed it or not.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I certainly will not pretend to be an expert but if you could adjust your coils another inch and keep the Body lift it seems like you would effectively add another inch of stuff, whether you needed it or not.
Body lifts are used as a last resort. or a cheep way to get a lift.

There is know reason for use of a body lift with our EVO suspention for up to 42 inch tires.
Mel
Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have your springs set for the lowest ride height?
yes

i'm not sure why i would need another inch of stuff when i can already do this...

as you can see, the body of my jk is totally level and i have all four on the floor. again, these are 40" tires you're looking at
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Here are a few recent shots of us going through Doran Canyon's gate keeper. Mind you, we are running 40" tires and as you can see, the rocks are a bit bigger than them. And, as you can see, we are still all four on the floor....

BTW - i am running limiting straps front and rear to help prevent driveline bind and to keep the front shaft from making contact with the exhaust crossover.
Looks like a cool place to go! Like the pics too. Nice flex
Old 12-16-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes
Fair enough...
Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Your JK is unreal. I love it. Someday I hope to have my JK the way I want it. I'd also like to have 40" tires with the lowest cog possible. I doubt I'll have a set-up as solid as your evo/king coilover system though. I need to make some money!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOL, when you have your tires stuffed how much shock do you have left in the front before it is fully collapsed?

Quick Reply: Coil over system