Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Coil over system

Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does it work under water? (I guess this is an inside Joke) ! ! ! !
Happy Holiday...
Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does any one have the 14 inch shocks in front? Ive only read of guys getting the 12 inchers....
Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by style_front
Does any one have the 14 inch shocks in front? Ive only read of guys getting the 12 inchers....
I have 14" fronts on mine, and I know Eddie has them too. Unless somethings changed on his rig since I seen it last. Work great. I had the 12" on mine to start but wanted more. What else is new..........story of my life.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKDinker
I have 14" fronts on mine, and I know Eddie has them too. Unless somethings changed on his rig since I seen it last. Work great. I had the 12" on mine to start but wanted more. What else is new..........story of my life.
So prepare for a barrage of questions, whats the lowest you can set your lift in front? Can you achieve full stuff? What size tires do you have? Do you have pictures of your ride on flat ground? Pics of it flexxed out?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

We install them and love them. Currently on the North American JK Experience we have run over 1000 miles of wheeling and Highway/Street and there is no other way to go. Awesome setup.

Gerry
Old 12-12-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This stuff is just SICK, I hope to get to that level someday!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and 1 more question, at full stuff, how much shock do you have left? Is the shock completely compressed or is there some room for more shock compression?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

So prepare for a barrage of questions, whats the lowest you can set your lift in front? Can you achieve full stuff? What size tires do you have? Do you have pictures of your ride on flat ground? Pics of it flexxed out?
Wow! You weren't kidding on the questions. You can set it pretty low. I adjusted mine up to give myself a little more lift. Its the easiest thing to adjust just jack it up and back off the allen bolt that locks it and turn the collar. As you crank it down it lifts the rig. Retighten and your done. I have 37" tires and had to adjust the bump stops so as not to rip off my stock fender. So stuff is not a problem. Ride is by far the best thing. Smooth. When you hit the speed bumps at the Mall, you can barely feel them.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Oh and 1 more question, at full stuff, how much shock do you have left? Is the shock completely compressed or is there some room for more shock compression?
Honestly, I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but you need to really call Mel at Offroad Evolution. He is the Guru of all this and he listened to me when I asked all kinds of questions. I love my coilovers, and its going down on the 22nd of this month to get his longarm kit on it. His system is badass!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08JK4me
what did you use to paint those axles?
I powder coated them when we had everything tore apart, the brackets are powdercoated too.

Quick Reply: Coil over system