Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Coil over system

Old 12-31-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get them in the fall...cain't wait
Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Offroad evolution is the best company for the jk...in my opion...
Old 12-31-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Here are a few recent shots of us going through Doran Canyon's gate keeper. Mind you, we are running 40" tires and as you can see, the rocks are a bit bigger than them. And, as you can see, we are still all four on the floor....

BTW - i am running limiting straps front and rear to help prevent driveline bind and to keep the front shaft from making contact with the exhaust crossover.
flex is awsome...evo is the way to go
Old 01-03-2010, 07:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tym
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../9/a292eR0b7LM

If you go about 2 minutes into this video, I cant be for sure, but this jeep sure sounds like a squeak box to me. what is that making all that noise??
really tym, your very first post in over 2 months and it's for this?

i don't know what video you are refering to but clearly, you seem to have an agenda here so by all means, why don't you tell me what your expert ears tell you? being that you've never been on a run with me or hell, for all i know, been wheeling at all with your pavement princess, i'm sure you know exactly what could be making the noise you are refering to. oh, by the way, did you ever get the crappy ride you were telling me you had with your lift fixed? last time i saw you, you were complaining about the anti-dive you were experiencing and that your shop wasn't able to get it fixed.

Originally Posted by tym
I just realized that's Eddies jeep in that video the sqeeks like crazy.
again, don't know what video you are refering to but yeah, my jeep can and does squeek from time to time. believe it or not, it's what happens when you wheel the crap out of your jeep 2-4 times a month or in some cases, everyday of the week. when you wheel that hard and that frequently, it can be hard to find the time to perform routine maintain like greasing your control arm bushings. of course, if you actually wheeled your pavement princess, you would know what i'm talking about.

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-03-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
of course, if you actually wheeled your pavement princess, you would know what i'm talking about.

Sounds like your just trying to stir the pot. It's not the thing to do.

Things squeak when they get full of dust. Mine does too and so does alot of other folks who get their jeep on the trail.
Like he said, we just do the maintenance and it's gone.

Last edited by Trail Bud; 01-04-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Trail Bud

Sounds like your just trying to strip the pot. It's not the thing to do.

Things squeak when they get full of dust. Mine does too and so does alot of other folks who get their jeep on the trail.
Like he said, we just do the maintenance and it's gone.
Hey Trail Bud, were you drinking when you posted that? Strip or Stir the pot? Ha! Thinkin Stir! Most of the time all I hear is me yelling, Holy Sh*t I just friggin walked right through that tough spot! Did anybody see that?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKDinker
Hey Trail Bud, were you drinking when you posted that? Strip or Stir the pot? Ha! Thinkin Stir! Most of the time all I hear is me yelling, Holy Sh*t I just friggin walked right through that tough spot! Did anybody see that?
Thank you.
Get the long arms on yet?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Trail Bud
Thank you.
Get the long arms on yet?
It's there right now getting them installed! Christmas Present from Karen.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tym
Hey Trailbud,
I wasn't stirring the pot, I think it was a jack and coke. What maintenance are you reffering to? Grease gun, or are you taking something apart?
After a day or 2 of dusty trails I have to clean and lube my upper and lower control arms. Which BTW are not Off Road Evolutions. And I use metal instead of rubber bushings, because I got tired of replacing them. So when dust gets up in there I squeak. But I don't have to take it apart.
On the trail I use WD 40 for a temp fix, just spray the upper and lower arms.
Sometimes just pressure washing it out will fix it too if the arms have been greased recently.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL!! hey tym, i saw you come on and read this thread soon after i posted back to you a couple of days ago and was begining to wonder if you were ever gonna respond to what i said.

Originally Posted by tym
I was hoping you would chime in and explain what the noises are and how to get rid of them or keep them to a minimum.
ummm, i believe i did explain what the noises are and how to get rid of them but, apparently you have chosen to conveniently overlooked that fact

I’m not knocking the rear EVO system as its probably one of the best solutions/compromises out there, but when someone brings up noise you blame the competitor/mfg for starting a rumor, not acknowledging the problem or offering a solution.
that's because there is no problem other than the one that you have chosen to believe exists. as hansen65 said, "I heard rumors that the evo setup makes a lot of noise. I didn't notice this at Odessa..." , and i think that his statement speaks for itself. as far as rumors go, i don't ever recall blaming a "competitor/mfg for starting a rumor" but i have seen you throwing out plenty of baseless accusations regarding the coilover kit that i have.

If you listen the video http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../9/a292eR0b7LM there are only 4 jeeps in, two of which have the EVO System and squeek all the way through the other 2 have lifts with springs and don’t. but hey that’s my expert ears, no one else can probably hear that though. What am I missing? There has to be a way to minimize the squeak as it will piss me off if I buy it and have to listen to it all day.
what your expert ears are missing is the fact that the 2 jeeps you hear have the same control arms and they do require greasing on a regular basis. after a few days of hard wheeling, they can start to squeak. the other jeeps in the video have control arms of a different make and they have bonded rubber bushings. of course, if your expert eyes took the time to do some research before you started to shoot off your expert mouth, you would have known as much.

BTW, The Pavement Princess is catchy but to long for my license plate, do you have any other names?
LOL!! let me give it some thought

I’ve been wheeling with you twice now, but since I spend almost every weekend in the mountains I don’t get time I’d like to wheel with you to prove that its been offroad.
you know what, i think you have.... trabuco was it? LOL!! well, i would hardly consider that wheeling but, i do apologize for not remembering as much. as far as proof goes, all i meant by it is that if you actually took your jeep wheelin, you would know what it means to maintain it and why it is necessary to keep it from squeaking.

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-05-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Coil over system