Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

CHRYSLER ADMITS DESIGN ERRORS: Hires Brett Woods to fix everything!

Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CHRYSLER ADMITS DESIGN ERRORS: Hires Brett Woods to fix everything!

If Chrysler knew what it was doing, that would be the headlines! I got the full Woods treatment from front to back and it was the best thing I've done for my Jeep yet. He installed it all in less than a day. He's a consumate professional, a clever craftsman and a Jeeper who knows what he's doing. I look forward to his upcoming projects (I'll let him reveal them when he's ready) and am already enjoying what he's fixed on my school bus, er, JK.

Enough praise, on with the picts. First up, looks like an ordinary 4 door trunk, no?

Well, it's not! It's the Woods tub enlarger! I've never been so excited about a metal box! The stuff you see barely fit in before, now I can fit a 2 gallon water jug with the stuff and still have room leftover. No lie! The fit and finish is superb.

Here's another view. Check out the back lip, it's push behind the floor an inch. Brett used every inch availabe to maximize the tub space without compromising the JK performance. And there's drain plugs to boot.

I've got three kids and they love playing around the Jeep. Sometimes I have to leave the tailgate open for whatever reason, and I worry they'll pinch their fingers off as Chrysler offered no way to keep it open. But Woods does! Simple, unobtrusive and it looks like it's always been there. Nice job Brett.

Look under the Jeep. The pipe is where the muffler used to be and the tub is where it should have been from the beginning.

I don't know exactly what it looked like under here before, but everything is tucked away high and safe now. And the muffler rocks! Before, I never noticed the exhaust note, now it makes me grin from ear to ear. It's supposed to save gas, but I rev it more just to hear it growl...uh, you know, like a school bus. A little off theme for me, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here's the front stabilizer bar relocate. Once again, moved out of the way of the rocks that like to bash the bottom of my JK.

"Woods did all that?" you say? But wait, he wasn't done yet. Check out the hood latches. They're off and the hood isn't popping up. Know why?

'Cause I've got the Woods hood latch too! No more fippity floppity on the highway for me. Another problem solved by Woods that Chrysler just couldn't be bothered with. I took this photo from in front of the grill looking up. There's a plastic spacer that holds the hood latch tightly instead of leaving it all loosey goosey.

All in all, I've loved my Jeep from the day I got it. Now thanks to Brett Woods, it's improved in so many ways, big and small: all useful, clever, well designed and executed. Do yourself a favor and have Brett make your Jeep the way it should be!!

An the leftover tub carpet makes a great puppy bed. Everybody wins!!

If you're considering any of Brett's products and want to ask a question of someone who's had the work done by the man himself, send me a message. Or just check out www.4XFiX.com for yourself.

Last edited by scoolbz; 04-19-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always liked his stuff especially the rear tub
Old 04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow looks great! Brett's stuff is very nice! I have some of these on our first Jeep. As soon as I have the cash and time available I am going to go over there and have him treat my new one too!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's some real nice mods!!!
I've been racking my brain on how to fix that hood problem....I was focusing too much on the latches Adding a spacer block to the inside???? Why didn't I think of that. lol

Eventually I'll get to do the same to my exhaust and Evap can...

Tony-
Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got his evap.. good price and great design! easily installed too.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

very nice indeed
Old 04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Just finished relocating the evap cannister today. Great product, and the instructions are actually accurate...
Old 04-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Yes WOODS is a great guy and his products are
Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

How do I get on his site?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Nice work. Looks great. I'd like to get the tub but I still haven't installed the relocation stuff he sent me. BTW Woods, How's the newish baby doing?

Quick Reply: CHRYSLER ADMITS DESIGN ERRORS: Hires Brett Woods to fix everything!