Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Christmas in Sept.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fftri
Congratulations on a safe return!
I am seriously looking to get the RR RRC sliders/bars and am curious how easy they went on and if you have had any issues while driving such as squeaking etc????

Thanks!
The RRC went on very easy. They bolted right up to the body mount points. It was a very fast install. It took about 30 min. I did have to run out and get a torque wrench. They had certain specs to retighten the bolts. So far no squeaks but it’s only been a few days since the install.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chukronos
Hmmm. . . I had to open the thread in safari to see the pics. I wonder why it won't work in Firefox?

Great looking rig. Should I be afraid to ask where the slant back soft top came from?
Thanks. I got the top and doors both from quadratec. I am very happy with the top and more happy with the price.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all yalls welcome backs.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Jeep looks great brother and welcome home! So glad you have a smokin' jeep to play with to make your return all the better. Thanks for all you have done for us like putting your jeep time on hold while taking care of business!!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

Welcome back, brother! I, too, am serving overseas in the sandbox and should be home in early October when I can take delivery of my '09 Rubicon and start modding!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I read on RR's websithe that you couldn't get the endcaps with the pre runner bumper because of mounting conflicts between the 2 parts. I see you can. In your pic it looks like the tip of the prerunner sticks WAY out infront of the grille. Do you mind measuring it out for me? I really want the pre runner (no end caps) or the stinger with end caps but cant decide. I want to have the best aproach angle without sacrificing my view. Hey where are you at in Miss.? I go TDY to Biloxi in late Oct and plan on bringing the Jeep down maybe we can go wheeling.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Paranoid, thanks for the info on the RRC bars. I will probably be ordering them in the very near future.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for your service. Jeep looks great.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chukronos
[snip]
Great looking rig. Should I be afraid to ask where the slant back soft top came from?

Not at all. See Post #1 --> Bestop Trek top

looks good to me!

There are other options for that style of top, I have seen a few, but this one from everything I have seen just far outweighs the other offerings.

When i need to replace mine, this one is being considered. But until i see firsthand and read peoples reviews i wont be dropping the cash on one. I need something as waterproof (or more so *L* ) than the factory ragtop as I run it all year long through Northeast winters. Anyone who has ever been in Buffalo NY in january knows the the score there. ~can be a little harsh at times with wind & snow.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DZNTS
I read on RR's websithe that you couldn't get the endcaps with the pre runner bumper because of mounting conflicts between the 2 parts. I see you can. In your pic it looks like the tip of the prerunner sticks WAY out infront of the grille. Do you mind measuring it out for me? I really want the pre runner (no end caps) or the stinger with end caps but cant decide. I want to have the best aproach angle without sacrificing my view. Hey where are you at in Miss.? I go TDY to Biloxi in late Oct and plan on bringing the Jeep down maybe we can go wheeling.
I had no problems with the mounting of both. I didnt even know they say you couldnt. I dont really understand why they would say that. Both parts went on smooth. The top of the pre runner bar is 21 inches from the grill. The bar sits one inch lower than the stock fender flar on the side.
I am up in the northeast part of the state. Just north of Tupelo MS. Its on the other end of the state, but if you come through here sometime let me know. We will def go wheel.

Quick Reply: Christmas in Sept.