Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

check out my project

Old 09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
OMG, are you serious... A Caravan with 300hp.... Like in a mini van ???
LOL !!!!!!!!
I would do it to a Honda Ody. As soon as the Honda forum is back up, I will locate the pic of the one to do it to. A Caravan, no way!!

Good luck with the build. I know many people are down on the turbo for the Jeep, but It should be a good project for you. Please post up the details and photos as you go. No matter how it turns out, should be interesting.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now, that is the kind of minivan to turbo
Old 10-02-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

thanks guys for support and its going to be rear mounted in a cut out im going to weld up where the trunk is so its gona cut down on trunk space but i dnt care and its going to be done in january but ill be gettin it ready till then so ill post pics as i get parts and talk to the tuner
Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not something I would do, but this is very interesting.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heepsta
thanks guys for support and its going to be rear mounted in a cut out im going to weld up where the trunk is so its gona cut down on trunk space but i dnt care and its going to be done in january but ill be gettin it ready till then so ill post pics as i get parts and talk to the tuner
Rear-mount will simplify things for you, since you won't be fabricating headers to mate to the turbo. The biggest issue for a rear-mount (besides running all that cold-side piping) is oil control. I posted a link that will help you. It's for a GM car, but the theory and application would be the same. The pertinent info is near the bottom of page 1 (shows the return pump to use and how it's wired.) For a feed line, usually tap into the oil filter housing flange. The return can either be tapped into the oil pan, or directly into the valve cover/cap. The latter is easier.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/930244-sts-oil-restrictor-pump-install-how-fix-oil-intake-exhaust-pipes.html

Last edited by Robar; 10-03-2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Edited direct link
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

thanks man, i was looking for one of those return pumps!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Started the build yet? I want progress pics if so.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah! Post pics of your progress...
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get the right size turbo in there turbo lag pretty well won't exist. Most would consider a compression ratio of 9.6:1 a little high for a turbo, but it seriously decreases spool time. Tons of people told me I'd blow my engine when I put twins on my car ( which is 10:1 compression ) 7 years later and my only problem is traction.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKAdam
If you get the right size turbo in there turbo lag pretty well won't exist. Most would consider a compression ratio of 9.6:1 a little high for a turbo, but it seriously decreases spool time. Tons of people told me I'd blow my engine when I put twins on my car ( which is 10:1 compression ) 7 years later and my only problem is traction.
Sorry for being an ass - but

CAR being the operative word here; but why is putting a hot thing under our mostly plastic Jeeps, lowering the water threshold and risking pulling a low lying oil feed and/or return line off while crossing over soft brush - "better" - than a high mounted, self contained - proven product...(Filtering this through - you get what you pay for) - besides the price?

What are you going to use for engine management and fuel enrichment?

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: check out my project