Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Originally Posted by Dubya
And yes, both pieces work in '07's and '08's. I have had them in my '07 since July of last year.
Really!!!!
So how did you get the center tray console to fit in your 07?
My '07 Rubicon has no edges/slots/etc. to support the center tray console!

However, I figured out that I can use the plastic piece removed when I installed the net-equipped plastic piece - it appears to be the same thickness as what's needed to support the center console tray.

Right now I'm deciding how to mount the support strips.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Woot

Originally Posted by paulp575
Really!!!!
So how did you get the center tray console to fit in your 07?
My '07 Rubicon has no edges/slots/etc. to support the center tray console!

However, I figured out that I can use the plastic piece removed when I installed the net-equipped plastic piece - it appears to be the same thickness as what's needed to support the center console tray.

Right now I'm deciding how to mount the support strips.
I went thru the same thing as you- got the tray, all excited, then found out wtf, it doesn't fit!

I though of a few options, similar to what you contemplating, including putting in a small screw at each corner. In the end the solution was much simpler:

I used strips of rubber with double-sided tape. You could use almost anything, since the tray is a close fit, and you're not going to have 20 pounds of stuff in it. The rubbed I used came with a bike rack or something.

You can see in the pic that I used quite a bit, but if i were to do it again I would just put a smaller piece in each corner.

Its been on 10 months or so and zero issues

Feel free to pm me if you have questions.

Also as a side note, the modified console is present in a lot of late-build '08's, they just didn't include the tray. They are, however, 'tray ready'. Or should that be 'Tray- Rated"?

Quick Reply: Changes for 09 Models -Pix